Why don't guys dress colorfully?

Why don't guys dress colorfully?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• One shade too bright and their delicate masculinity will shatter and their self-image will be ruined and the word will explode!!! It's really silly but I've seen men absolutely lose their minds and scream at employees when they are given a pink plastic spoon at a frozen yogurt place. If a guy is confident in himself he can wear pastels and look amazing.

What Guys Said 23

• People already sometimes assume I am gay for some inexplicable reason even though my clothes were grey but I was wearing a black/grey scarf. Imagine what would happen if I wore flamboyant colors too!

Maybe it's just that flamboyant colors are seen as flamboyant though. Learned behavior, really. Makes it easier to blend in.

• not all colors are flamboyant, dark reds, blues, greens, oranges are manly

• I guess because I don't really want to think about what I have to wear. I put on whatever works and just go. That means I just stick to my one formula white shirt and dark jeans.

• doesn't that get repetitive?

• It does but I am a guy so I don't want to spend time thinking about what to wear. I might dress up a bit by changing to pants and a blue dress shirt if I need that business casual look or put on a tie and dress shoes for that formal look but my style is as simple as it gets.

My colors are exceedingly simple. Dark blue jeans and light colored shirts. Then I changed to white shirts because of my work and that suits me just fine.

• I actually wear a green polo t shirt like this one lol

images.askmen.com/.../lacoste-pique-polo_4.jpg

• It depends where you're from, here in London that's a very common look in autumn.

• i should move to london

• Yeah, look at these two guys

www.liveinstyle.com/.../denims.JPG

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...8e573fbe00.jpg

Both are decent looking men, one ruins it completely with his fashion sense (or lack of). The "colourful" guy in blue and white looks better than the guy in black and grey.

• first guy looks trashy second guy looks classy, good example

• I like different colors in jcrew, lacoste polos, vnecks

• I never focus on fashion and wearing accessories. Just track pants, sweater and comfy shoes when being casual. If I went on a date I'd dress up for sure but not when I'm chilling with homies at the mall or going to school.

• you should, it feels really good when you look good.

• To each their own. I feel more comfortable wearing comfy clothes and feel great about myself at the same time. Interestingly, I get women checking me out when I dont even try to look my best.

• People do dress up colorfully. Problem is, girls callcall us jokers for that. Better to be men in black.

• I dress to stay warm and not get arrested for nudity. Beyond that I may go out the door in anything.

• I just wear colors that I like.

• got a light pink tie on my suit... what more do u want?

• Because dressing colourfully is associated with feminine behavior.
    Clothes are a far cry, even a watch whose strap is thin is seen as feminine.

• both of the guys above are masculine, colors belong to everyone not just women

• @Sabretooth he's not necessarily gay just because he's better looking than most guys, i honestly think guys need to start wearing makeup too. lose the hypermasculinity in exchange for good looks lmao
      i.ytimg.com/vi/FGAXHDnlMpU/maxresdefault.jpg

• good luck with that.

• my new outfit: . scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...57309702_n.jpg got a richer sade of green pants... they were getting repaired at the time.

• I main colors are red black and white maybe some times dark blue because it's easy to mix and match for my warobe

• Guys do wear bright colours, and it usually looks pretty silly. Thats why we dont.

• cause its gay

• because colors= wanting to have sex with another man? woww...

• no not really, gay is a word we use to describe ridiculous things and looking fabulous looks good on a woman but not on a man.

• both guys above are dressed manly and sexy and not ridiculous at all. i'm not asking for guys to wear girl clothes, just brighten up their wardrobe with some blues and reds. not neon, just dulcet tones.

• No offense but we don't take time and the effort that girl's do we like thing's that are clean and that is clothes that kinda go together we don't fret about clothes like girls do

• I don't dress colourfully because it doesn't suit me.
    I feel that dark coloured clothing, however, does.

• I do but not pink

• Why dont chu take a look at ma HAWT pix? And maybe hold ma hand perhaps? Cuz u nvr know when ill be the perfect man for u 😘

• I hate it personally... I tend to wear black and white mostly or grey and brown.. in winter I always wear black clothes and black leather jacket and gloves... and in summer I wear those classic white t-shirts they use to wear under da shirt... and brown shorts...

Only ma pajamas are colorful... but I don't give a shit since nobody's seein' me...

• ... that's so sad and i feel bad for you. colors are meant to be worn!!

• it's not expensive, just pick the dark red t shirt instead of the black one next time guys should also #dresstoimpress2k16

• I can impress a chick in various other ways obviously...

• I do fairly often, i like it. And women don't mind it.

But when i wear a ton of black, even though objectively i don't look good in black, i still get more complements from women.

Women don't like men who look pretty, they like men who look powerful.

• you can look powerful while still wearing colors, dark red, dark green, i'm not asking for neon just some accents

• I understand you, but continue to report - straight up black seems to be most liked by the womens. IMHO, I look much better in dark blue, suits my coloring more.

• I do sometimes but mostly because a lot of colors are difficult to use and i wear a lot of suits which i have 20 and most of them are black dark blue light gray and one is like a light pink but just looks good in the beach

• i do. i dont have such inhibitions. i give no fucks about people's opinions.

What Girls Said 17

• I don't want my boyfriend to wear PINK! 😐😐😐 and he's free to wear whatever he wants but not PINK!!😐😐😐

• Lol, I don't dress colorfully.

• That's colourful? Your colourful and my colourful must be two different colourfuls. xD

• some do actually... #generalisation...570

• because most don't care and color coordination just ain't their thing

• I know plenty of men who dress in colors. Some colors are seen as society by more feminine, such as pink and purple and I do not see too many men wear those specific colors. But, I know plenty of men that wear other colors. My favorite color on my significant other is orange. It is my favorite color in general, but it looks really great on him.

• bc they don't have swag! lol LOL!

• They wear what they want like everyone else

• YEAH WTF
    They need to taste the fucking rainbow!

• I think it's cause they are afraid of gay comments. I don't know though.

• A lot of them think it's 'gay' or takes too much effort to combine and they're lazy.

• Some do, some don't. It's a matter of the undividual's taste

• Cause it looks stupid?

• gtfo of here, in no way does those guys look stupid. hot, yeah. stupid? hahaa

• you're indirectly encouraging guys to wear black all day, it's a personal affront i should call the fashion police on you

• Black is not the only colour that isn't screaming like red or blue. Also I don't care, if they wanna dress like Santa they can go ahead, I am just one individual with one opinion.

• The ones who dont probably just like things simple or fear they will end up looking like a flower explosion

• but it's so pleasing to the eye when clothes are nice colors

• I like a little color but i also like it simple, but i get what u mean. I definitely like the first pic you posted but the second one.. not so much since i dont think pink is flattering on a guy.

• Some of them do, I'm a girl & I don't.

• hard to pull off. looks feminine

• Black is great on them

• not all the time, it looks depressing if it's worn everyday

• Hmm i like anyway