My boyfriend doesn't want me to get a belly button piercing?

:( I said I was going to get a belly button piercing as a reward for losing weight and he said he really doesn't want me to get one. He says that they get in the way and don't look good and it would ruin my already perfect body.

i really want one though but I want to make him happy so should I just not get one?

Most Helpful Guy

• totally upto you.

generally its not good to let them have so much power over you but you know the details to make up your mind.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's your decision to make

What Guys Said 24

• Are you getting it for you, or for him? He's giving you his opinion, and it's good that he was honest, but in the end it's your decision. He's obviously not gonna break up or think you're less hot if you get it, but he still prefers no belly button.
    I love them, so if my opinion means anything, then do it xD

• you should do what makes you happy

but i agree with your boyfriend from the standpoint that belly button piercings aren't all that attractive.

• Do whatever you want, but if he is less attracted to you, then that is his right. Don't get made at him later, for having an opinion that doesn't match your own.

• Do what is objectively in your self-interest. You might think that that would automatically mean that you should get the piercing. However, your boyfriend is presumably a great value to your life, and therefore his opinions ought to mean a great deal to you.

• I'm with your boyfriend on this one. I don't like them at all. However, it is your choice and I'd never stop you having one if it's what you really wanted.

• Its your body, but it comes down to what you want...
    do you want to hurt your relationship over a small belly piercing?
    I would ask him the same but he's not here.

• Do what you want, it is your body, and although your boyfriend doesn't love the idea of u with a belly piercing, he will eventually get over it (if he is worth keeping, that is).

• it's your body and your decision, if you really want it then get it. if you are unsure, you might take his opinion into consideration

• You're better off without it, but if you care that much. Just get it and don't wear a piercing around him

• Maybe you could find another place for a piercing that your boyfriend would be ok with?

Try to compromise somehow.

• You're probably better off without one.

• Go ahead and get it, its your body, but he is allowed to not like it though.

• i don't think you should get one, i think it looks bad

• forget about the belly button, if he sayed it's not good, then he mean it, you both can find some thing better

• Do you want one because you saw other girls on your school with one?
    Just asking...

• It's your body, do what you want.

• So don't.

• i dont like them... but its your choice but also his right to dislike it.

• If you want then get it, you're getting for you not him.

• nope... I have to say no also...

• what? do you have a pussy pericing?

• i hate piercings too. do whatever you want but your boyfriend is more rational than you

• That's kind of interesting. Like if I started working out again, maybe I should get a face tattoo
    It sounds like there's some sort of middle attractiveness you have to aim for, if you've become more fit you have to make yourself ugly in another way to make for zero improvement overall..

Anyway it's your body, I would say do what you like with it, but if you value your BF's opinion more than your personal choices don't get it pierced. Before you answer that question you need to think about what it is you value more!

• Shhh there there. Listen baby. This is why you should date me becuz im supportive. I think belly button piercing are nice and its not a big deal. Just some of the great #PerksofDatingMe

What Girls Said 18

• Well, it depends: ultimately it's your body, you can do what you want. It depends on what you value more: pleasing yourself or your boyfriend. If it'd cause you self esteem issues down the road knowing he finds it unattractive, I'd say don't get it. Otherwise, do it if it's what you want.

• It's your body. That is literally all that matters, plus it won't "ruin" your body you can always take it out if you get tired of it because belly button piercings are the fastest ones to grow over anyway like take it out for two days and it will be gone, it's not like earlobes where it never grows over again. When you get older you will regret ever letting your teenage boyfriend tell you what to do. My boyfriend wouldn't even tell me not to dye my hair! He just says "It's not my hair is it? Do what you want!"

• I have mine pierced. My ex hated tatt's and piercings IDC. I'm capricious AF so I don't have any tattoo's, but piercings you can always take out and let the hole heal. If he asked you to stop I don't know... flirting out of respect ok, but not get a belly button ring tell him to F*ck off lol. It's your body and your decision. If you like an afro and he likes permed hair will u betray what make's you happy just to please him? Do what makes you happy and then send him this http://imgur.com/5ptyFWb lol

• You should always do what makes you happy first.
    If he doesn't like it that's his problem he'll have to deal with but if you wanna get it, get it.

And if he starts an argument over it or even breaks up with you after you got it you know he's a shallow ass bitch and it's better he's out of your life.

• Its about making you happy not him, but being in a relationship means personal sacrifice.
    If you wanna get one then go ahead, even if he'll be mad but he won't dump you over it.

• get it. it's your body, not his.

• Your body. Your decisions. You can get one and remove it and put it in whenever.

• If that was my bf's opinion, I wouldn't get one.

• It's your life, if it's a must have for you, then get one and it'll be a part of you so he will love it too

• It's your body. And if that's a reward you set for yourself then you deserve to get it. Go for it.

• It's your body, guys don't last forever and you'll be able to take your piercing out once it's healed anyway.

• He thinks your perfect already & don't need to change yourself but at the end of the day it's your body, your choice.

• They're cute in my opinion.

• You are just 17 you might break up with that guy and if you really want it do it I mean you can also take it out it is not like a tattoo😇

• Your body, your choice.

• If you want to have one then you should do it

• My ex girlfriend had pierced belly button and it really turns me on xddd

• Tell him you understand if he doesn't like it, but it's your body and if you want to get it he has nothing to say. Maybe find a compromise by letting him help deciding what kind of belly button piercing you're going to get.