How do I hide the bruises?

my boyfriend and I got into an argument last night and he choked me and punched me, its the first time he's ever done anything like that but now I have a hand print shaped bruise on my neck and a black eye. any advice on how to cover these up?

Most Helpful Girl

• Aside from the bruises, I think you need to be concerned about this. I know he has never done it before but he has no right to hit you. I don't care how angry he got, there is no justification for hitting someone. I don't know if this is an isolated incident or if this will continue. I just hope you will drive home the point to him to NEVER touch you like that again. If he does then you need to get out, because next time it will be worse and you may wind up in the hospital or dead.

As for the bruises, try MAC makeup because it covers up VERY well and won't wash off easily. It is on the expensive side but it's worth it. It will hide the bruises well and shouldn't rub off on your clothing.

Please be safe.

What Guys Said 3

• The first thing you do is take pictures of that hand print and the bruises for evidence. The second thing you do is have that son of a bitch arrested for assault! The third you do is break off the relationship. Do it NOW! Do not wait for the hand print and bruises to go down.

• No one's going to tell you how to cover them up.

You need to get out of the relationship and tell someone close to you or even the police that he abused you.

• Dont cover it up you should be proud that you are dating a violent man, you should point this out to all your family, friends, and co workers and show them the bruises. You have nothing to be ashamed of save for your desire to conceal his violent tendencies.

What Girls Said 3

• Please get out of this relationship. I don't care angry you are, it is not acceptable to hit someone - especially a girl who is (usually) physically no match for you.

If anybody gave me a hand shaped bruise, I would tell someone very quickly - parent, police, whoever. This may be the first time, but now that he's done it, it will be easy to do it again, and maybe even harder the next time. Don't give him the opportunity to repeat it.

I don't know how to cover the bruises up - a turtle neck shirt or a scarf, for the neck bruise, but I don't know about the black eye.

• GET OUT!

• If he is doing this already, its only going to get worse as time goes on. Forget about taking care of the bruises. Take care of yourself & your life and get out of this relationship! He is going to promise to change but he won't.