Is it right for my mom to tell me to wear less clothes?

I'm 17 and I think my mom wants me to wear more revealing clothes. She says I'm gonna get heat stroke but I think it's becuase she wants me to find a boyfriend. Here is what I'm wearing today.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is awesome!
    And no it isn't, its your style she has no right to tell what and what not to wear. I would suggest just being happy with who you are and ignoring this

• thank you!!! everyone else on here sounds like my mom lol

• Yeah, I also think that the clothes you are wearing is just normal and it is your style and way of dressing, but if the weather gets hotter, remember to change out of those clothes and wear something not so constricted or long sleeve, wear something more cooling if the weather is too hot for you and if you sweat too much or feel uncomfortable, I also wear according to how I like but mostly is just casual clothes, add me if you can

• Thanks for MHO:)

Most Helpful Girl

• Where do you live?

• North East USA, but I won't say which city :)

• I don't *need* that many layers, I just like the look that's all... is that bad?

• In 60 degree weather yes

What Guys Said 12

• Maybe she just thinks you aren't developing into a lady and dress in grubby tomboy clothes and need to find a mainstream style. I don't know, just throwing that out there.

• if it is warmer than 50 degrees Fahrenheit out, you are horribly overdressed.
    I'm not saying wear a miniskirt and a tanktop, but... damn. she isn't trying to get you laid. i think she is honestly worried about heatstroke.

• it was less than 50 this morning, but now it's close to 60... I'm fine

• is this a joke?

• I'm afraid not

• lol no, we don't feel the heat differently.

• But I feel fine, right now, in my room, and it's like room temeprature lol

• this is a joke right?

moms pushing their young teen to get a boyfriend... to dress less.

i call bs

• i am dead serious, and yes i'm 17, and no I won't do it

• maybe you're extra clueless about boys and she's being blunt hahah maybe she a cool mom

• she is definitely not a cool mom

• Damn, you're one sporty gal! I like your style :)

• oh no 50 degrees and out come the UGGs.

you must live in LA.

• Is it cold at your country?

• Do you live in Siberia or something? That's a ton of clothes to be wearing this late in March

• Are you at a ski resort or do you live in Alaska?

• Nope, in a city, northeast usa

• How damn cold can it be? It seems like you'll be roasting.

• It's like below 50 in the morning and went up to 60 degrees today. I was warm sure, but I was fine!

• Those clothes are fine. Fashionable and look good.

• Wear less clothes. I too want that for you. LOL

• U live in the north pole?

What Girls Said 14

• If you're genuinely comfortable wearing all that when it's not chilly, then I say go for it. But I think she's concerned for your health, not your relationship status. XD

I'd keel over if I dressed like that, personally, but I also have a lower tolerance for heat than most people. Do what's honestly comfortable.

• I have a pretty high tolerance for heat, I mean I do get warm, but I'm not like sweating buckets or anything lol... would you honestly not be able to wear that outfit with weather in the 50s?

• As long as you're not sweating much, you're probably fine health-wise then. You do you.

Honestly, I probably would be super uncomfortable in the 50s, miserable once it reaches 60. I just really hate being hot, haha.

• If it is cold where you live, I can understand why you would wear that.

• I live in the North East, it's like 60 degrees out now, but I just like the look... is that bad?

• Well, if you wear it all the time and don't change up your wardrobe, I can understand why your mom would say that.

• Well not this exact thing lol... but same like number of layers?

• What is the temperature outside atm?

• Right now? It's like 60, does that make a difference?

• Thanks for understanding! Everyone here is hating on the look, but I dunno I just like it. I get warm for sure, but it just like stays there, I don't sweat an ocean or anything lol

• I think those look awesome and wish I had jacket and pants that looked like them.

• um, where I live it's very possible you would get a heat stroke from wearing these. I guess it just depends on the weather where you are.

• You sound like my mom lol... it's not like it's boiling outside, it's like 50 degrees in the AM, and barely hits 60 by the PM, could you wear this outfit in those temps and not get heat stroke?

• well, that's reasonable. I live in Miami and the weather is not anything close to that. But, that clothing is optional for that weather, yes.

• Love the boots. If its cold thats exactly what you should be wearing. Dont change your style for guys, be yourself. You could instead enhance your beauty by doing your hair or wear make-up that suits you and so on.

• Thanks! Everyone here is telling me it's too much clothes and I'm getting discouraged because I like the style

• Why would you even own a vest let alone wear it. If you like black and not showing skin then it's upto you. Just don't wear boots and a hat with it

• I like the vest combination with the jacket... i dunno why, it just looks cool lol...

• If you really like something then you should wear it. But always try your other options as well. You don't have to go out in them. Just try it on. See how you like it.

• I would be concerned for you getting heat stroke as well

• Really? I'm literally wearing it right now (minus the boots) and I'm perfectly fine.

• Just for fun, if you wear this outfit in weather that's in the 50 degrees range would you get heat stroke? That's not that warm right?

• In my light I wouldn't see that as fit for your mother to make such a suggestion. If it is greater than sixty degree whether where you're currently residing then that specific attire is probably not recommended. But just because your mom wants you to find a romantic partner isn't that wise as well. Just stick with your clothing choices in my opinion but dress appropriately for the weather.

• You are going to roast yourself. I think your mother is concerned for your safety, not whether you can get a boyfriend or not.

• I wore that outfit today and I'm very much alive thank you... :)

• Just out of curiosity, would you be able to wear this outfit in weather that's in the 50 degrees range? That's the temp outside these days!

• Maybe you should wear less layers since you don't live in very cold weather. You might like the look but surely you'll be sweating in it? Makes me think of those rockers who wear trench coats & massive boots in the summer haha. Health > style.

• I got warm in it sure, especially in the sun lol... but I'm wearing it now (well not the boots) and I'm fine :)

• haha I'm fine... honestly, if you wore that outfit when the temp was in the 50s, would you get heat stroke? That's not that warm at all right?

• It's hot to me but I'm used to rubbish UK weather lol. Plus, I feel the heat more than others sometimes. So basically yes, it is a possibility for me. xD

• Well that is a lot of layers, depending where you live she may have a point.

• I live in the northeast usa, it's a pretty light jacket, it's like made for rain, I just like the look is all :(

• what is wrong with you, stop wearing so much layers.

• I like the look! Everyone is agreeing with you though :(

• is it cold where you are?

• It's 50 degrees in the AM, and max 60 degrees in the PM... I would say that is not exactly hot... would you be able to wear that outfit in those temps?

• maybe not i tend to wear light knit cardigans over sleeveless dresses when it's 50°

• Where do you live? I think you might really be wearing too many layers but if it makes you comfortable I guess.

• I live in the NE USA, and the temp is like 50s? Would you be able to wear this in that weather and be fine? You are from Bahamas? That should be freezing for you right? :)