Dresses? (girls opinions)

I have a semi formal dance coming up but I can't find a dress to wear ANYWHERE do you have any color/style suggestions? I have long dark brown hair, hazel eyes, a pale rosy complexion, I'm short only about 5'4" but I carry a little weight in my stomach area. HELP?

Most Helpful Girl

• be more specific, are you curvy, what size are your legs and chest? but if you are woried about your stomach use a dress that is poofy at the bottom and has a belt around the middle to show your curves. Cause I have a bit of weight on my stomach and my prom dress is electric blue poofy has a belt and is sparkly at the top, but I'm a blonde. But since you're a brunette may be this type of dress would work its pink, short and poofy at the bottom with a belt. link

or something similar.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• i agree with red! a wine red would be nice. green might be nice too. if you're worried about your height and the stomach, I strongly suggest a dress with a high waist. it accentuates your boobs (which will then draw attention away from your stomach) and makes you look taller. of course, you'll have to pair them with heels. my dresses are mostly high-waist so I know they're really effective at drawing out your good points! :)

• Look for a dress with a v neck or a wrap top as those have a slimming effect, preferably empire dresses (those that accentuate the narrowest part of your waist) or a line dresses (the kind that flares out toward the hem so it looks like an "A"). Also, make sure your top doesn't have a lot of detail because that would draw attention to what you're trying to conceal. Your dress should be mid-length, too. All that aside, remember it's not all about what you wear but how you wear it.

I hope that helps. Have fun!

• Something like a peachy satin with a handkerchief hem, places to look are stores like Deb, JC Pennies, Younkers/Jacobson's, Macy's, and other such places. There's a place online that has really cute dresses, but they're rather expensive the site's jovani.com, another place that you can go to find just random things you might like is Urban Outfitters.

• Deep reds, blues, and purples sound like they would look awsome on you. What is your price range?

• Check out this site

www.hiphopboutique.com Some of them are a bit pricy, but they're really nice dresses. If you look for something with a gathered middle, it will slim out you middle.

• Here are some cute options:

link

link

link