Do you try to look better if your girlfriend/boyfriend was good-looking/dresses nicely?

I know I do, do you? I try to look nicer, like wearing clothes that flatter my curves or something. On the other hand, if my boyfriend wasn't very good looking and didn't wear nice clothing, I don't think I would either.

My boyfriend knows what I look like naked so it's not to deceive him. It's just to look more pleasing to the eye and maybe look nicer together...I mean, imagine a sleazy-looking person with bad hygiene walking down the street beside someone who looks like a model...haha. So, what about you? Or does it not matter?

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't matter to me. I always dress as nicely as I can and try to present myself in the best way possible. I do it for me, and no one else. Like, even though my boyfriend dresses a lot more casually in T-shirts and jeans when we go out and never dresses up really (I personally don't mind it. I think he looks just fine in them), it never stops me from wearing dresses and heels, skirts, and taking time to style my hair and do my makeup. It makes me feel good about myself, and it's an added perk that he likes it and enjoys showing me off.

What Guys Said 1

• I think that the style of the other person definitely affects my own style, in terms of dressiness. I wouldn't dress up around someone who constantly wears jeans and a t-shirt, that would just be odd.

What Girls Said 3

• My boyfriends have always been a little dressier then me. I'm a simple girl; jeans, a wifebeater/t-shirt, and a pair of nike shox. My boyfriend said something to be about being more "girly" or dressing up a bit more, I told him to shove it! I'll dress the way I want, the way I'm comfortable. Obviously I got him, and I can have more, so it works for me! =]

• yeah if your boyfriend is fly as hell and you look like a bum its doesn't look right! now if he didn't care about his appeararnce I would probably feel like he didn't care about looks that much. and if he is not gonna make an effort then why would I go all out for no reason? I prefer to look nice and I prefer guys that present themselves nicely

• i agree with you. it does matter. if we're with someone not so attractive, then we don't really care about our appearance either.