Do cargo pants look good on men? Me, specifically?

So I just wanted to know, do cargo pants look good on men? I mean... is it considered poor fashion?
I personally like cargo pants, especially because the extra pockets offer! I'm posting a few pics of myself in cargos. Please provide your feedback. Thanks!

I probably need to ditch these cargos. They aren't exactly getting a lot of love around here! :P

Most Helpful Girl

• They're looking all kinds of dorky :P I noticed in the comments something about Dora the Explorer, I think that's kind of what does it, it looks like something a kid would wear. At the same time though, I feel like way to go guy do your thing! Lots goes into personal style that isn't just about style for the sake of style and says a lot of unique things about you.

I wouldn't highly recommend wearing them on say, a first date, but for the rest of time, why should it matter?

Most Helpful Guy

• They look perfectly fine on you, but you need to get rid of those shoes really really fast. Wear them with canvas sneakers if you must, but ideally some kind of thick soled chukka boot or actual walking boots if you walk in rough terrain.

Wear them baggy if you want to look more "street".

• Ok, thanks for the tip about shoes! I left them behind in my home country when I moved overseas, though. So I no longer have those shoes with me! :P

• Good dress starts from the ground up, i mean in that first picture you look perfectly respectable and completely ruin it with the Pumas lol.

What Girls Said 11

• I have a deep hatred of cargo pants on both genders. Jeans are the way to go

• Nothing wrong with your style...

• They look good especially that they have lots of colors to choose from.

• Haha, so another person who likes cargos! My poor cargos got no love until now! :P

• @Asker
      I am an old soul. I do cargos, bell bottoms, gun mouths, high waisted. All the old styles. They dont get a lot of love but i love them.

• They're not the best pants out there. They remind me of what an explorer would wear. In my opinion regular pants are much better than cargo pants.

• No. They don't

• Yes you look awesome in them, they fit you well

• Cargo pants on u looks aight

• they look ok to me and you find them comfortable so stick with it

• I wouldn't wear them on a date.

• Haha, alright! Looks like I need to ditch these cargos, they aren't getting a lot of love around here! :P

• I personally prefer cargo shorts

• Now this might seem funny, but to be honest.. I'm kinda insecure wearing shorts outside the house! Hehe! :P

• Ew no. Cargos are disgusting. The pockets are what does it. Try some plain khakis

What Guys Said 10

• Cargo pants = GOOD if and when they're WORN right. Meaning that they need to be BAGGY and slightly large around your ankles ^_^.

You'd look good if they're were slightly bigger, right now they dont look too good on ya.

• Hmm... ok, thanks for the tip! I have stuck to slim-fitting trousers (including cargos) after my weight loss, just to feel proud about it! So I'll just have to get some baggy cargos then! :P

• lmao rule of thumbs "tight cargo pants = useless".. since they kinda make ya feel like a ya have on normal jeans, right?

• They aren't really 'tight', they are just a narrow fit! But I get you, will try baggy styles!

• I don't know about outside of US, but in US. Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT wear cargo pants.
    They are tacky, outdated, and for good reason, out of style.

• When the consultant gives advice, it's always sound advice! Hehe!

Yeah, thanks! Will hold back a bit on cargos henceforth!

• Just wanted to be clear there, Yup :) Good luck brother!

• lol okay where do I start.
    So yes, they do look good. however, you are messing them up with your shoes and over sized shirts. Try wearing some brown or black cukka boots or maybe some converses. And your shirts need to be more fitted. your sleeves on your t shirts should be higher and tight to give you a more muscular look. And your sweaters are just way to big.
    Also, PLEASE... stop wearing things with logos, they are horrendous and no stylish at all.

• LOL I recommend Parachute pants. Which I believe is the cousin of Cargos.

• They are a bit dated.

• They don't look bad, but the shoes need to go.

• They look good

• I only wear cargo pants.

• Really? And do people tell you that they look good on you?

• No one has ever told me that. It's still my style. They are comfortable and practical with their many pockets.

• Cargo pants basically never look good.

• From my understanding, girls prefer khakis without pockets. I know I used to get yelled at by my girlfriend for wearing cargo shorts, she actually went out and bought me straight shorts (which just have 2 pockets), and told me to wear them. Needless to say I broke up with her because she was somewhat controlling, but since I have started wearing purely straight shorts girls have complimented my style more so I think its just something that they prefer. I dont know why they dont like cargo pants, all the extra pockets are so useful, but whatever its not that big of a deal.