What do you think about curly hair?

My hair is naturally very curly & frizzy and I absolutely refrained from posting pictures of my natural hair on the internet so far because I don't wanna be drowned in a shitstorm of black people from the US hating on me for, as they think, "appropriating their culture" because apparently they think they own my hair. In elementary school I was bullied for my hair and even now I have random people walk up to me on the street and just touch my hair, sometimes without even asking for my permission!, or ask me if it's "real" if I ever dare to go out without straightening it. So I usually make sure I've straightened it or put it back with a clasp before leaving the house or taking any pictures for the internet which is kinda frustrating because I actually like my curls and am sick of hiding them.

I was wondering why the reactions of people to my hair are always so extreme but mostly what you all think about really curly, frizzy hair on people in general? What is it about (apparently especially white) people with curly hair that provokes so many random people so much?

What do you think about curly hair? For those wondering, this is the kind of curly we're talking..

Most Helpful Guy

• I love naturally curly hair, I have it myself #teamcurls
    scontent.fmci1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/.../...014069_n.jpg

I have naturally curly hair on women it's just great if you actually have naturally curly hair, don't be afraid of what people think otherwise you can never enjoy being yourself, don't hide em show us!

• Lol forgot to tag those part of #teamcurls

@Imafreespirit
      @justbanannaz
      @TheBraveLion ( he doesn't have curly hair but he has great hair so why not )

Lol those are the only naturally curly haired people I know I'm following so if I missed someone feel free to add yourself.

• Haha u get all the ladies with the curls, huh? 😜 but yeah man, don't cut it, keep the wild hair lol 😛

• @justbanANNAz Hah well alright then I thank you *bows*

@Imafreespirit hah some of em ;) and yeah I don't plan on it I like my wild curls.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh, man. I bet curly hair looks so great on you.
    I love naturally curly hair.

It's not culture appropriation if you're born with it!
    That's natural.

I'm biracial and I love seeing curly hair on white women. So few embrace what they naturally have.

What Guys Said 10

• If the curly hair is natural, I almost always think it looks better on the girl, than if she were to change it! For me, it's like seeing a girl going back to her natural hair color: the fake color may look good too, but there's just something about her natural color that just feels so right on her. :) The same goes for straight or curly hair, in my opinion: I usually find that the girl looks nicer with whatever type she naturally has.

As a side note, does Taylor Swift have naturally curly hair? Because I always thought she looked better with the curly hair before. xD

• I don't know about her natural hair but I think that she looks so much better with the bob cut as well, it flatters her face shape so much more!

• lol, don't worry about the cultural appropriation crap. I'd like to think that most black people don't buy into that garbage (i can only hope). But i'm a fan of pretty much any hair that is natural to the woman. I don't really know what ugly hair really looks like, but if its natural to you then i think its quite cool. I mean, a woman's hair, or overall looks in general, will never be quite as good as mine, but as along as you're trying, that's what matters most

• Haha the greek god has spoken! Good to see you on here again

• Yeah, all that "cultural appropriation" crap is psychotic! America is a melding pot whic is why we're so flush culturally. If anyone's gonna think of a particular hair style as intellectual property, we oughta put em on a bus to Cuba!

• @palek haha, i agree mate

• depends on the person and the hairstyle... sometimes I like it, sometimes it's meh... not too much of a fan of that mushroom look

• I mean it's hot

• I love curly hair, it's so fun to play with 😄 Embrace them curls girl!! ❤️

• Medusa is 4real

• I have messy, curly hair as you can see on my profile pic. Nothing to worry about, really.

• Its a adorable !!! I hope my girlfriend do curly.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 9

• Its pretty!

• Black girl here and oh looky, no shitstorm 😜

But nah, curly hair is awesome so STOP HIDING YOUR CURLS! Show them off. Who cares what people say. I bet you look awesome!

• Wow I think it would make look even more unique!!!
    How do you make it so straight?
    I'm curious to see you with the curly hair now haha

• I usually blow dry it with this
      i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...B000005DC-695_634x234.jpg
      No idea what it's called so here's a picture 😅 And on moist days when that's not enough I also straighten my hair with an iron and of course I use loads of anti-frizz products too, it's such a pain in the ass 😅

• I love curly hair!

Mine is flat, straight, terrible - doesn't hold any hairstyle.
    I feel if I had curly hair just by having that sort of texture there would be less work and more style to it. =)
    Curly and wavy hair is beautiful!

• ;A; But but but I'm black and from the U. S. and never had a problem with you or your hair. *Feels a bit insulted.*

• That's because you're cool ;D <3
      I'm mainly talking about the less tolerant people here though.
      Haha actually even a British girl asked me if I was "trying to be black" once, I'll never forget that it was like asking someone who tans easily in summer if they're "trying to be mexican" 😂

• I like it! Hate it when people say its appropriation to have big lips or curly natural hair, some people are born like that, no one owns it lol.

• curly hair is the best kind of hair, if you are gifted with it then embrace it :D it's your hair so you can do whatever you like with it

• I like loose curly hair. ^^

• I have curly hair and I can't do anything about it. Sometimes it's fabulous, sometimes not so much lol