Does a guy like curly or straight hair?

i have curly hair and guys liked my hair was straight (PS my crush said he liked my hair straight!). but I love my curly and I don't want to get rid of them! help! please?

u guys are awesome! thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• Very few women can pull off curly hair. Shakira is the only woman in the world I've ever seen that can pull it off. Then again, she's so hot, she might be hot bald.

The thing is even Shakira looks better with straight hair.

You find me a hot woman that has curly hair and I'm going to tell you right now that she would look better with it straight.

A good example of this is short hair vs long on a woman. Look at the main girl from the show V. She looks gross now. Back before she cut her hair off she was really really good looking. Cut her hair short, now she's gross.

Why do you suppose that is? Because of some kind of standard that the west has put in men's minds?

NO. it has to do with the fact that she looks like a dude.

If I liked dudes, I might like her more.

Similar phenomena is happening with short vs curly.

What Guys Said 9

• This question has no answer, some people like curly hair...some straight.

However, if people is used to see you with curly hair, you might create a different impression when you straighten it. So guys who didn't feel attracted to you when you have it curly, they might change their minds when they see you with straight hair...like if it was something different...

I think is a good idea to do it from time to time, in special occasions or whenever you feel like it. But if a guy likes you...is going to like you with both hair styles

• I find curly hair really unappealing. If it is wavy or scrunched it still looks nice, but I prefer straight over all.

• Personally, I like straight hair. Curly hair is just (insert mild dissatisfied term here), you know?

• You really can't have it both ways, you could go in between and try wavy hair.

• Straight hair with out a doubt. Curly hair reminds me of frizzy hair and is a huge turn-off for me. When I see straight hair on girls I think it's really hott! Go with straight, a lot of guys I know have also said they don't like curly hair.

• striaght

• Straight hair. They need not be long.

• if done then straight, curly is only accepted these days if you are left alone on the mountains and have no time or equipment to make your hair, in other words, if your hair is short and gets natural raw curls then it's alright, but straight and silky look is always classy.

• straight long hair.

What Girls Said 8

• lol I have curly hair as well. what I do is I change my style almst every week. like this week my hair is straight but last week I had it curly. so its good to mix it up a bit, people will notice. but the bottom line is for you to have a hairstyle that suits you and that you're comfortable with.

• I know that most people willsay that they like straight hair better, however, I went to Paris last week, and NO ONE straightens, bleaches, and/or backcombs their hair. Sidebangs are done too. They're so far ahead in fashion and style, so I'm positive that eventuly people will perfer naturally wavy or curly hair better. As for your crush, he will like you with straight hair because it's different. If you had straight hair, and curled it, he'd like you with curly hair better.

• i know most people will say straight hair. but honestly forget them. the westernized world loves straight hair to all hell, and many times doesn't really compliment the woman. if someone wants straight hair, he can look for it in like the other thousands of woman who conformed to it just because some boys go with whatever's standard. do you know how much people pay to get curly or wavy hair? when have the highest paid models like victorias secret ever worn straight hair? most of the time its the long, wavy sexyness. many european countries prefer the soft curls or waves because it gives off feminine beauty.

• I think that the most natural state of hair is the best looking. It reminds me of what being human is, and, plus, guys who like curly hair have the best personalities to associate with...you'll find that the ones who only dig straight hair have been sucked in to mass negative culture.

• both are hot. These guys are stupid, so many people have straight here, where's the uniqueness and the diversity. Ughh.

p.s- I have wavy hair and I get compliments on it all the time.

• I love curly hair, as long as it doesn't have the frizzy and untameable look, which curly hair sometimes does.

I always thought it would be cool to have curly or wavy hair.

• honestly, Don't damage your curls because of a current crush.

The guy your supposed to be with will like you for your curly hair and you like them aswell and even said you don't want to get rid of them.

when I straighten my hair everyone likes it better too, and I actually made the mistake of straightning it almost everyday and it took almost a whole year to get my curls back. it was awful.

dont make the same mistake.

• a good chance for why your crush said that was because, he wasn't used to seeing you in straight hair. You don't have to get rid of it, but definitely change it up once a week. Because if you keep straight ha, and come in one day with it curl, the same thing will happen!