Is it really that bad to live in bare feet?

I've been loving rocking my crutches and broken knee with bare feet. I'm kinda thinking that I want to carry with going barefoot everywhere now I know I can handle pretty much anything without shoes on.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, but it's very unhygienic to do so. Your feet will get dirty, cuts/scrapes, blisters, callouses just from normal wear and tear. Also, you might break a toenail or if something somewhat heavy falls on your toes, you might end up with a bruised (black) toenail, and those aren't fun. Probably the most important point is that you're at risk at stepping on sharp and dangerous objects (used needles, sharp sticks, etc). I mean, you can live in bare feet but it's not a wise choice to.

I'll also give you props for not giving a shit what people think about you when you're walking barefeet everywhere

Most Helpful Girl

• Not as far as I'm concerned.

I love going barefoot, & if I had my way I wouldn't even own shoes!

• I'm glad someone agrees! I've had bare feet for four months so far and it's awesome

• I go barefoot in the summer when school is out, & I don't wear any shoes at all for about 3 months straight.

What Guys Said 6

• If you want to barefoot you should! Shoes are just a way for shoe brands to make money, that's why they tell people they have to wear shoes everywhere - it makes them more money! Going barefoot is completely natural, wearing shoes is not.

• Yes, it is. If you live in a place with carpet, it wouldn't be so bad. Otherwise, going outside would be horrible. I have worn out crocs and my feet get roughed up a bit. So, going completely bare would be a lot worse. That's why I have gotten a new pair.

• In the winter? Fuck no. In the summer? Not the best idea. I walk in bare feet all the time and the amount of cuts and blisters I get is ridiculous

• I don't think you can in a city lol. Even in the country why would you, what is wrong with shoes?

• I've been hopping around barefoot on crutches for ages now, in the country and in the city, it's really not that bad lol

• Oh well each to their own. You're a braver person than me thats for sure 😊.

• I think bare feet look cute lol

• In the winter?

• Yeah it's really bad, you will get plantars warts and cuts all over your feet. Gross. Wear shoes.

What Girls Said 3

• No, it's dangerous in case there is a rock or something sharp, always wear something on your feet.

• I've already had to go barefoot for ages with my hurt knee so rocks aren't such a problem :)

• You will get a cut eventually, it's really not smart to do that. You could get warts, or infections... always wear something to protect your feet. They will also get smelly/dirty and nobody wants that.

• Shoes are much safer they protect are feet

• Ew. So much dirty stuff and germ on the floor not worth it