Can you use a face primer as an eye primer?

Eye primers are just too expensive for a tiny tube of product and I can bring myself to buy it. So I was wondering if face primers can be used as eyeshadow primers.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that's just a way to get people to buy more things they don't need. The ingredients probably aren't even that different.. my primer says to apply it all over the face including eye area and it works fine for me. I also put concealer over my eyelids I do the rest fo my eye makeup. I don't wear eyeshadow that often but when go out and dance for hours it stays put for me.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I've never tried it, but you can always try it and see if it works. The worst that can happen is that it doesn't work

• a cheap way to subsititue an eyeshadow primer would be to use an eyeliner that is the same color as your eyeshadow, it'll stay on longer. but have you looked at urban decay eye primer potion its only $18.

• I'm sure a face primer will work aswell. And urbandecay primer potion is really good, I'm pretty happy with it - just make sure to de-pot the actual container it comes in, since there is still a lot of product left in it even though it may seem empty =(

• Ah yea..it works the same I use face primer as an eye primer all the time