Is a corsage really necessary?

And what's the point of one anyways? My senior prom is in 2 weeks and my mom was asking me last night if my boyfriend/prom date was going to get me a corsage and asked if I wanted her to get me one if he didn't. I don't expect him to, but he can be full of surprises and may do it anyways. Is it necessary to have one? I wouldn't know what colot to get. Everything I plan on wearing (and I mean EVERYTHING: shoes, dress, cover, hair accessory, hair, eye makeup, lipstick, jewelry, nails) is solid black. I don't know anything about prom if it wasn't already obvious haha 😅

Most Helpful Guy

• Just get a black rose corsage

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• well if you've got a date, it's always a nice idea.
    i find it strange that you'd go to prom in all black but anyway... yeah they're more for couples.

• It's not necessary but its traditional and it's pretty. Any color flower would look good and stand out against black.

• I wore a corsage to my graduation dance, and I also wore a black dress. Mine was a black rose with white pearls.