Stretched Ears?

I have my ears pierced and at 10 gauge right now. I'm going to stretch them to a 2 or 0 once I'm in college and my parents don't have a say. I'm just wondering what girls think about stretched lobes. I'm going to get them stretched regardless of what people say, but I'm curious to see what most people think. If you don't know gauges, 10 is 2.4mm, 2 is 6mm or 1/4", and 0 is 8mm or 5/16" in diameter.

For the people who think that you can't get a job with stretched ears check this out. link
Even though it doesn't specifically mention stretched ears, I would think that a company that is fine with facial piercings and tattoos would be fine with stretched ears.

Most Helpful Girl

• I like them quite a bit on the right person, if they don't go crazy with it and try to stretch too much, too often, and end up ripping their lobes. I've had my ears gauged for about four years now. But I settled at 00g about two years ago and will probably stay there for a while because I'm teetering on the edge of 'no return'. At this size, I could take them out sometime in the future and they'll shrink back to like a 12g or something, give or take a size. Which with normal earrings in, won't look any different than a standard 20g ear piercing to the 'untrained eye'. If I go any bigger, that may not be possible. In the meantime, I have a pair of orange glass plugs that I wear. In any case, yes, I like them. =] 2g and 0g aren't outrageous at all on most people. It's when the size of the jewelry causes the shape of the ear itself to distort [lobes bulging out away from the shell of the ear] that I start finding them less attractive. At the size I'm at, my ears are still the same shape they've always been and I want to keep it that way.

What Girls Said 5

• My gauges are at 4 at the moment, I'm not sure how big I'm gonna go. Good for you, you only live once; don't worry about what people say. Not everyone can understand tattooing and body piercings, and their not asked to. It doesn't matter if she's gotta get a job or not, they have flesh colored plugs she can put in. In my opinion; I'm a girl with gauges. More power to yuh. =]

• GAUGE AS BIG AS YOU WANT. They have a cosmetic surgery now that fixes gauged earlobes. Please should know what their getting themselves into when they start gauging. link

• I only want to stretch to 2 or 0 gauge. Larger sizes are not really my thing. I wouldn't want to be at a size where I have to rely on surgery to restore my ears. While its nice to know that surgery is always available, I think it would be foolish to stretch my ears with the idea that when I have to get a job then I'll just get the surgery. Trust me, I know what I'm getting myself into. Visit the bodyartforms.com messageboard and you will learn all you need about stretching.

• I know that you know. lol. The link was for the other people commenting.

• Hot. I have zeros and I like guys with big gauges.

• It depends on whether or not you leave the gauges in. Like, the holes are gross, but I think gauges are hot. So, just leave them in?

• I've never seen anyone just leave their ears without anything in them. Do you mean you don't like eyelets or plugs with holes through them?

• Well, no, those are fine. But what I'm saying is, I have seen people do that, and it's not attractive.

I'm fine with gauges as long as people don't like, gauge their ears in front of me, or change their plugs or anything. As long as I never see the actual hole, I'm good XD

I do know a lot of girls, though, who are like "EW that's so gross!", but you don't want to be with them anyways--you'll probably end up paying for their fake tans.

• There iis something called "weighting" where you stretch your ears out a lot and then wear small weights in them to make the lobe hang low.

• I always think what is that person going to do when they have to grow up and get a real job?

• I hear ya. When I was young, I grew my hair halfway down my back, and wore hippy clothes. The difference was, when I finally stopped daydreamin, I just cut my hair, and changed my clothes. I'm glad it never occurred to me to insert pie plates in my earlobes.Even people on drugs knew better than that!

What Guys Said 2

• It reminds me of reading National Geographic magazine as a kid. I'd see tribespeople in Brazil or somewhere with their ears stretched bizarrely out of proportion, and wonder what kind of primitive thinking could possess them to maim themselves in this way. Now I see it on the street of America, and scratch my head. It also makes me wonder if these people will have earlobes sadly sagging to their waists when they're 70 years old.

• The practice comes from observations of aging. As one grows older, their ear lobes begin to sag and hang. It is no coincidence that as one grows older they learn a lot more about the world. It then came to belief that lobe size equalled wisdom. Your ears grow heavy from all the knowledge you have heard. Next time you see Buddha, look at his lobes and notice they rest on his shoulders. This is because of how heavy his wisdom is on his head.

• Well the simple answer is because they like it. It is aesthetically pleasing to them. To ask why they like it is a bit more convoluted. It is akin to asking a girl why she has her hair in a certain style. I challenge you to find any girl that can break down her hairstyle to the psychological motives for why she enjoys portraying herself like that. This is of course generalization. There are always some who simply enjoy the shock factor, wether it is their ears or their hair.

• Of course you hit the nail squarely when you say "shock factor". As I came of age in the 60's I understand all too well the motivation, though I'm a little repulsed by the method. In retrospect, I looked a bit ridiculous myself in the late 60's, early 70's, but I suppose I take comfort in that I can blame it on the drugs. ; - )

• Good luck getting a good job with that, and plus I am guessing your ear lobe doesn't go back to normal after you stretch it that far so when you get older what you are going to do with big ass hoops for earlobes, or did you not think that far into your future because your so p*ssed off at your parents, for not wanting you to do something that stupid.

• Most employers are more concerned about facial piercings than any kind of ear piercing [including gauged ears], unless there are a lot of them. And there IS a point of no return when stretching. For most people, this will be about a 0g or 00g, depending on lobe elasticity. At that size or smaller when stretched properly [i.e. no tearing], most people are able to take out their jewelry and have their holes shrink back to a normal appearance over the course of a few months.

• Boy howdy! Why not just screw on a big red clowns nose, and then ask everyone what their starin' at?

• No one stares at me. Most people don't even notice me at all, let alone my ears. And I'm certainly not weird for the sake of being weird. There are plenty more jobs than that that don't bat an eye at body modifications. I like to take photos, and while I may not end up making a career out of that, I also enjoy cooking. No one cares what you look like in a kitchen if you know how to do your job. Working with computers is another similar case. Phlebotomy, another. All of which can pay well.