Hairstyles for strapless prom dress?

I oringially did not want a strapless dress and planned on a two-piece, but I ended up getting the one in the picture below, but more of an A-line style than a ballgown. I've included some hairstyles and a picture of me (the top left b&w one) if that would help. Hairstyles for strapless prom dress?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am not a fashion expert by any means, but may I suggest wearing some of your hair down in front, like ringlets, but not enough to detract from the beauty of the lowcut dress. the rest of your hair down your back. You have lovely hair and showing it off works well with a low cut dress.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 7

• Is how you want it. No rule, just be you

• I think it would look fine if you went with your hair down.

• Pig tails.

• It look so nice & sexy..

• Anyway you want it, that's the way you wear it, anyway you want it... duh nuh duh nuh duh nuh duh

• You could make it look like your hair is holding up your dress. But of course people might think that you're weird

• Like down and curly? Or was that supposed to be a smart-ass remark?

• I would say either of the black and white pics, though the kissing one is kind of hard to tell

• I think that one is just a bun with loose curls hanging down. But thank you

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 12

• I love the dress. .. Hope it has a built in bra though! .. Personally I would either do a messy bun or a conventional updo to accentuate the neck and shoulders.

• very pretty dress! the messy bun in the second pic will suit better

• i think strapless dresses look amazing with updos because they show the neck and shoulders beautifully.

• I think an up do like a side bun or chignon with a little bit of hair down in curls is always a great option for a strapless dress. You look like you have great hair so that should work. Another benefit of a partial up do is that it shows off the curves of your neck.

• However you want. I don't think there is a 'rule' on how you have to have your hair with that type of dress.

• I think an updo would be better with this type of dress.

• well i like the hair from the bottom 2 pics

• I love your dress, and I'd say an updo would be nice

• Definitely top right.

• Try romantic curls 👌

• I say make your hair wavy, down over both shoulders.

But that's just my opinion lol

• Having your hair out and curled should be perfect.