Do you think that diamonds (and jewelry) are really overrated?

I'm sorry but I think that love is expressed through kind words and deeds, not shiny rocks.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• If a boy EVER bought me anything with a diamond from the morally-bankrupt De Beers cartel (= pretty much any non-manmade jewelry diamond out there)... well, then, he has neither the common-sense financial instincts nor the moral compass I need in a man.

Back to the store it goes, even if I have to create a "defect" in order to circumvent a no-returns policy. Fuck that shit.

And as for him...
    Next!

What Guys Said 15

• I agree with you, but we're in the minority.

Most women are like magpies, and love shiny stuff. I'm not sure if they even like it themselves, but they sure love showing it off.

• Meh not really I mean I just view diamonds as pretty rocks but they do signify something special, of course you don't need one they aren't necessary but they are nice to have regardless, I mean I wear a diamond ring that my grandfather passed down to me. Just like an engagement ring would have sentimental value to a gal because the guy remembered what she likes and put thought into it, mine has sentimental value to me.

• Basically my wife and I talked about an expensive engagement ring and we both agreed that there are other things more useful to spend money on. She always wanted laser eye correction, that is what we did instead of a ring.

• Diamonds are like flowers on Valentine's day. Overpriced af, but you just gotta punch yourself in the balls and pay up and give em ladies what they want lmao

• I'd rather you hold me safe and warm in your big muscular arms and use your chest as a pillow for 10 minutes than have 10 kilos of diamonds.

• hell yeah! You're going to go far in life OP, i can just tell these things <3

• big time... huge time.

• It takes a few months to grow a large gem quality diamond in a lab that would sell for around $50,000. They use dirt cheap ingredients and they can grow as many as they want to for as long as they want to for next to nothing. While Earth diamonds aren't even rare, they can spin out lab grown diamonds like barbie dolls...

• Lol go buy some then try to resale it. You'll find the true value of that garbage. I owned a pawn shop for years. Giving $100 for a ring was A LOT and very rare.

• i bought a custom gabby cut (expensive diamond cutter, Gabriel) diamond and put it in a silver ring with rubbies , and saphfiers, and i made a gold bezzle to put the diamond in ... so now i have a pure silver ring with gold, diamond, rubys and saphfiers , now my common sense kicks in and i realize , i could have bought a mini cooper... uuuuuuuh , the life of a Los Angeles , Actor/ musician? (not for everyone) so now my bling choices are budget...
    people choose your bling wisely ...$$$$

• Yeah considering that diamonds that aren't lab grown are the products of the human slavers known as de beers

• diamonds yes, but I like other gems, they are way prettier

• Never, Diamond just is carrier and expression of human's love, desire
    And that is unlimit

• I hate glorified rocks. There are much better ways to show that you love someone.

• Most girls and most people like shiny things.

• A lot

• Yes... my bank account tells me that all of the time!!!

What Girls Said 14

• i think that looking at it that way is just going overboard tbh.
    like I'm totally agreeing that love is expressed via actions, but i mean, why must every single tradition be questioned and overridden by modernist views? i dunno, i feel like nothing is sacred anymore.

it's not like he's buying diamonds every day. just enjoy it...

• I don't think anything is "sacred" now or ever before haha

• @redeyemindtricks don't bother being like that with me. it doesn't work.

• Getting gifts from a partner is nice. Love can be expressed in many ways - kind words, gentle touches, considerate acts and giving gifts is just another way of expressing that and it shouldn't be ridiculed. However, yes, it is often given far too much importance.

• Yes, absolutely, at least up to a point. I like wearing jewelry and I'm not against receiving it as a gift, but it certainly is not how love should be expressed. Anyhow, I prefer simpler jewelry and semi-precious stones over huge, sparkly rocks.

• It's extremely overrated and a lie.
    www.youtube.com/watch

• Love should be expressed though words and actions. But I don't think diamonds are overrated. I'll buy myself a diamond necklace if I want one lol. I think they're pretty.

• But its good insurance should something happen to one or the other as it does have some value.

• I like the more colorful gems personally. But yeah, diamonds are pretty to look at but they don't measure love.

• Yes - price-wise. Not duration wise and quality wise.

• extremely overrated I'd say

boring present

• i like jewelry but diamonds never appealed to me, i don't think i even want a diamond wedding ring. i'd rather just get something simple and not silver since silver washes me out.

• It's stupid to pay for a rock that's absurdly expensive, there are laboratory made ones that are identical at like 1/10th the cost if you really want a diamond.

• Oh, yes definitely. Maybe that's just because I'm cheap though lol.
    But everybody has a different way of expressing love.
    The 5 love languages are Words of Affirmation, Acts of Service, Receiving Gifts, Quality Time, and Physical Touch.

• You should show love through actions. But that doesn't take away from the Beauty of a rock. I don't think they're overrated

• Yes, yes I do.