What do people think of summer dresses?

I Love wearing summer dresses that go slightly above my knees or right to my knees, but I feel sometimes awkward because most people I see aren't usually in summer dresses even when it's really warm outside.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, no, this question is crp, if you don't post pictures of you modeling them!!
    Personally, I love the 'flirty' kinds, halfway above the knee, with enough fabric, that just make it ALMOST possible to see her underthings if she turns quickly!!
    Summer flower print 'twirler's' are the best, and a little peek at little flower briefs is delightful!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, what ARE most women wearing... and, also, WHY?

Yr right, not very many women wear sundresses, in general.
    But, think about why that is.

It's basically because, if people have Places To Go or Things To Do, then, a sundress isn't really an appropriate thing to wear.

If you are seeing anyone on her lunch break, and/or wearing the same clothes she wore to work that day, then, obvs that's not gna be a sundress. LOL

If she's headed to the gym... not a sundress.

Busy woman carrying a child on one arm and a purse on the other... Not a sundress. (In this case, it's because of the shoes. Think about the kind of shoes this Busy Woman needs to wear -- and think about how God-awful they'd look with a sundress.)

You get me.

Basically, this kind of dress is pure "leisure" -- and that's why you don't see more women wearing them.

Right?

I mean, think about the kinds of days (or nights) on which you're talking about wearing these.
    I'd bet LOTS of money that they're pretty chill, laid-back days, when you mostly have the time to relax and hang out. Right?

In any case, that's the reason why you don't see tons and tons and tons of them.
    So, you can stop feeling awkward now.
    <3

What Guys Said 12

• I really like them, esp white summer dresses

• I always found summer dresses to be very pretty. I like them. Wish they were more common.

• Dining outside in the early evening at a restaurant is the perfect time to wear a summer dress! Love that!

• Haha yea me too :D I like wearing them when I'm meeting with friends and we go to the city

• I was at dinner about a month ago where it was warm. All the ladies seemed to be wearing them and they looked fabulous.

• I like them they are feminine

• one of my favorite things to see a beautiful woman wearing.

• I like them...

• I think they look nice. :)

• they look great i think more women should wear them

• They are cute on girls

• I think they're beautiful on women

• I love to wear summer dresses. And the second one is super cute.

• I love those dresses to

What Girls Said 7

• I like them!

• I'm always worried if it would be windy, so I never wear them unless I'm going somewhere where i need a dress.

• I'm pretty short so usually even though some dresses are meant to be short, they always go up to my knees. And with my holding my bag from the side, they don't blow high

• I mean, so, I hear lots of women say this -- but...
      Even if I wore one of these dresses and it went full-on Marilyn-on-exhaust-grate on my ass, it's not like people would get any more of an eyeful than they would at, say, the beach, or a pool.

I know I have a higher than normal threshold for embarrassment, but, I've always been mystified by the fact that women let this kind of thinking actually dictate their taste in clothes.
      Ya know?
      Like... Super unlikely already, to begin with -- and (as far as I see it anyway) NBD even if someone does get a peek.

Can you help me shed some light on that? Really, this is one sensitivity that I just kinda don't get.
      I do have girlfriends who think this way, but, for the most part they're the super-Baptist or super-Methodist girlfriends, for whom the "embarrassment" would be before both God and man. Mb I got you wrong, but, I don't think you fall into that same category?

Tx.

• @redeyemindtricks Lol well I do strongly believe in God if that's what you mean. But I don't think summer dresses are too reviealing if they go right to my knees. I think everyone should have a choice in what they want to wear or do. Forcing people to be a certain way is another way of pushing them away from what you like/dislike. Haha I'm a bit confused what you wrote to be honest :P

• I love them, but I usually wear leggings underneath, and a cardigan overtop, it just makes it the cute girl-next-door look

• I think they are beautiful :)

• I love summer dresses, they're my favorite thing to wear in the summer.

• Love summer dresses. I have a few.

• I love summer dresses
    Don't mind what other think!