What's so bad about a guy wearing a skirt?

there are many types of clothes. Deuteronomy 22:5 clearly states for men and women to wear here own garments so there is specific clothes for the genders. but what would be so bad about a guy wearing a skirt? (of course i'm talking about a long skit, for the sake of modesty) I don't understand why men don't try it. they are way more comfortable, and they don't look that bad either

Most Helpful Girl

• people are too picky and whiny about what other people do

What Girls Said 7

• ... wear a skirt man, u do u.
    i love how people bring up OT bible verses without understanding context.

• Do whatever you want. No one can stop you. There's no one preventing you from wearing a skirt if you want to.

• I know, it's just many claim that they're only for women. and I just don't get that

• Thus is the beauty of free will.

• I don't think there would be anything wrong with it. Guys don't look bad in skirts.

• Nothing if he is from Scotland :)

• Well, I personally don't think skirts are that comfortable, but some people do...

• try a long flowy skirt with nothing underneath. that's my style and it is something I really enjoy

• Eh, I've just almost always been a jeans person

• If the guy can pull it off, then sure..

• People will use religion to back anything up holy shit lmao

• i'm not using religion. i'm using truth. also you're poop is not holy. but if you want to go to the bath room, just go! don't text/type.

What Guys Said 7

• It will look weird for sure, but it's a personal choice and plus if they don't care what the culture/people/society will say then they can go ahead and wear it.

• The reason me wear pants in western society is because of daily activities and a dress or skirt is not very protective of the male genitals. If you testicles can swing freely they are more likes to hit something or sustain serious damage during some form of impact. Basically jeans keep your baby makers safe.

• I do not see that as a problem. the testies are not like a ball at the end of a long chain. they don't swing around as much as you claim (at least for me) but anyway, the way I see it, you're just as (if not more) harming your baby makers cuz of the same dangers and compression by the pants and undies

• You do make a fair point but as do I.

• While that is true in several cultures skirts are what men wear, Africa, Middle East and Scotland men wear skirts and long dresses.

That being said I don't care for it nor do I want men to wear skirts.

• why would it bother you if someone else wore it? did you not try it yourself? but what i'm wondering about most is what you said at the end when you said you don't want men wearing skirts. again, why?

• from my understanding, the Egyptians did this. men and women wore skirts there. and i'm not entirely sure but that may have been the place were skirts (for all have originated (in invention))

• Here's why: I've worn a skirt before for a skit, and it's HORRIBLE! The breeze between your knees, the UPSKIRT

BRUH SKIRTS SUCK and girls shouldn't wear them, either!

DUDE THEY R NOT COMFORTABLE

• i wear them as much as i can. and love it (nothing though comes nearly as close loved as the Lord Jesus Christ though) my privates are at a state of relief by the much needed space it needs by the skirt, it's long so no onecan see my legs. and it's layered so none can see through. and the fabric against my legs is just so soft and... it's like blankets hanging down from my waist. and it works even better as a blanket when i sit/lay down.

• *read lower post before this*

(o and i go commando. that might be part of the main difference in expiriance between you and i while wearing skirts)

• never mind

• In most Western cultures, it's seen as feminine clothing. That's all. Wear whatever you want.

• Try running or hunting while wearing a skirt and we'll talk again.

• don't do hunting, and (ran w/ skirt on) simply lift the front up a little. problems salved

• why though is it considered feminine? i believe that to be a foolish assumption. I've said this before but skirts were made for both genders before pants were invented. only a complete fool would actually believe skirts are feminine

• Because it's incompatible to the culture you are living in.

• but why? give some facts and i'll reward you with mho