What do non-Indian men think of sarees? What is your opinion on this traditional Indian attire?

This is what it looks like. It comes in various fabrics. This is only one of them. Its crepe silk.What do non-Indian men think of sarees? What is your opinion on this traditional Indian attire?

Women are welcome to answer too!

Most Helpful Guy

• I would think that people who judge others by their clothing are mentally ill and need medical attention. Having said that I find it very nice actually, because it is the person's culture. Clothing has changed over the years for some. Any type of clothing that enhances one's pride, culture, religious beliefs or w/e is fine. No one should worry about what other's think. Bottom line, I find Indian women/Asian/darker colored skin more attractive because of the fact they wear clothing like this. Egyptian women, omg. amazing... sorry I went off on a tangent there.
    I think it looks very nice.

What Guys Said 10

• Never been a huge fan of it.

• it looks good, as im a pakistani and most women wear this in my country.

• Really? Pakistanis wear sarees? I didn't know.

• @suseel_sushi *snort* ha ha!

• @suseel_sushi did you take some of that poison? You cannot send consumable goods because people wear clothes in your country? What did those people do for thousands of years before showing "Patriotism?" Run naked? I am American, but why disrespect people? If I wear an American flag t-shirt or an American flag on my clothes, does that make me a schmuck? I am proud to be a world aggressor. If the USA did not exists Hitler would have killed all of your ancestors... that's NOT cool. So, if people showing their pride and self respect is making them into a schmuck, you need some serious mental help my friend, because 99.9999999% of the people in the world wear clothes to represent something. Jeans and t-shirts are freedom. Some people dress according to their religious beliefs. Does that make them a schmuck?

• thy look pretty sexy.

• They look a bit silly to me but I'm from Antarctica

• Anything outside of Christianity is silly to these people so don't bother with such questions.
    Me, I like em.

• Who are "these people" ?

• I like Sarees. :)

• It looks alright I guess

• I figure it's got some cultural meaning I don't know because it's not part of my culture, so to me it's just a dress.

• Yep, looks good.

• Elegant but impractical. Something for formal occasions I'd say.

• Definitely impractical. Doesn't allow freedom of movement.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm not a man, but I think they're really pretty.

• Yes, i can tell you're not a man. *laughs*

• like them and think they are beautiful, i tried one it looked gorgeous, the fabrics and materials used for saree's are so opulant, yes i'm a saree lover :)

• Are you Indian?

• No, my friend is Indian and i went to her wedding, and she once dressed me in a saree i was curious of what it would look like, i even got complimented on how beautiful it looked on me, i really like them.