Do guys really care if I'm not 'domestic'?

Basically, I can't cook. I don't know how. And I don't really want to learn from my mom because her food isn't all that appetizing. Even though I have no right to judge, all I can make is grilled cheese. And the guy I'm dating is a vegan so it's not like I'd even know how to prepare vegan dishes regardless.

I don't know how to sew, I'm not good with anything pertaining to arts and crafts. I'm just not creative like that.

But I do clean. I'm a fairly organized, meticulous person. So is that a redeeming quality?

Or do guys not even care that I won't be a good 'domestic' housewife?

Thanks for your responses, I think I'll sign up for a cooking class or two somewhere. Screw sewing. And I can make sandwiches, yay!

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course, what man is going to want to marry a woman who can't cook, clean, sew, and rock his world in bed, all wrapped into one. =P I highly doubt your lack of cooking and sewing ability will be a deal breaker for most dear. I don't tear my clothes so not sewing wouldn't be an issue and I love to cook, and I'm rather good at it, so I couldn't care less if a woman can cook or not. I may require her to, 'get in the kitchen and make me a sammich' every now and then, but a sandwhich is hardly a seven course meal; most can handle that, and grilled cheese would be fine with me.

What Guys Said 4

• All guys want a woman who can do just about everything in terms of cooking, cleaning, sewing, whatever-just as well as he can. But just because you can't cook or any of these other things, doesn't mean you can't learn. I really can't cook as well-I can make one dish. That's it.

• just make sure you're excellent in bed, and you'll be fine.

• lol as long as you can clean that is something, that's not the most important thing in a relatoionship.

• You're a triplet.. you could make some fantasies come true instead

What Girls Said 1

• I think cooking is a basic skill that you'll need regardless of whether your boyfriend cares or not, or if you even have a boyfriend or not. Sewing and crafts are not a big deal, but not learning to cook seems just kind of lazy, honestly. It's not that hard, and you need to learn eventually to get by in life...