What should I wear to the spring formal?

So basically I decided to go to the spring formal dance at my school. I wasn't forced to go or anything, but my best friend has to go because her mum is making her go. I've never been to a formal before because my school never really did formals except for homecoming and prom. The thing is, I'm bisexual and Genderfluid. But, because I was born a girl that means I have to wear a dress! I'd prefer to be male rn tbh. Anyway, my best friend is gender neutral and gay (but born a girl), and I kind of sort of have a crush on her. I want to impress her a bit at the formal and maybe when staff isn't looking I could dance with her? I just have wearing dresses (and so does she). Anyway, the thing I don't like about me is my weight and my body. Thats one of the biggest problems I have with dresses—They show off your body. What I hate is I have a few stretch marks on my arms close to my shoulders 😞
Plus even tho I'm not the heaviest person at my school (I weigh 130 pounds yikes) I still am very self conscious about my weight. At my school my best friend and I are considered to be "emo" (we listen to a lot of emo bands and we cut and wear dark clothes but we're not mean). I hate being called emo but it's kind of what I am... Anyway, I have a bit of a belly... I'm very self conscious about that
I'm also planning on cutting my hair before the formal (it's really long at the moment and I want it short) So, please if you have any suggestions on what I could do please tell me thanks in advance
(Also this account says I'm 18 coz I'm using my sister's account :3)

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, you don't need to worry about your weight at all. I don't know how tall you are, but I'm fairly certain that you're nowhere near overweight. Having a little belly doesn't make you fat, so don't think that way!

Second, no one is forcing you to wear a dress. If you don't want to wear one, don't wear one. I saw a girl wearing a tuxedo at my graduation banquet and she totally rocked it! It isn't about what you wear, it's about HOW you wear it. Wear what makes you comfortable. If dresses aren't your thing, they're not your thing. That's fine. Wear what YOU want, and forget about what anyone thinks!

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 0