Why do (some) unattractive girls pick on attractive girls?

so why do unattractive girls always b*tch, whine , complain, point at attractive girls and try to pick them apart?

like Hello! I'm hot but that doesn't mean I'm a jerk-my experience is some girls who are unattractive (not all non-attractive girls) get pretty jealous just because there's a prettier girl in the vicinity.

I've never tried to tear someone apart just because of their looks. there are shallow girls who are pretty but I am different...

when will you girls who are jealous of something you don't have, realize you're being hypocrites or shall I ask, why do unattractive like trying to pick on girls who are more attractive than them? like as if they're trying to find some fault that that girl might have? it's so sad.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they are jealous and insecure! They know they're ugly so when they see a pretty girl they hate her because she represents everything they're not. I've had to deal with that especially at work but I just let it roll off my shoulders. They can say what they want but at the end of the day they'll still be ugly haha. and it's sad because most girls could actually look decent if they just applied themselves. Even if you don't have a naturally hot body or gorgeous face you still don't have to be ugly. If I see a girl that's prettier than me I don't hate her. For what? Hating her isn't gonna make you pretty.

• It was hard for me to give best answer, everyone gave really good answers. Thanks for understanding and well , not picking on me for it. I used to be one of the unattractive girls in class and as soon as I become more prettier and probably the prettiest in my classes, I just notice a handful of girls being jealous, trying to put me down. I like how you said (anonymous) that hating others isn't going to make you pretty. It is so true! thanks for all your guys' and girls' perspective.

What Guys Said 3

• I suppose Oscar Wilde touched on it when he said, "Every time a friend succeeds, I die a little inside". As you say, some people don't want anyone else to have what they don't have. Personally, I'm happy for not having been blessed with exceptional good looks, as if I were, I'd have to listen to all the ugly guys bitch, whine, and complain.

• who said your attractive...? lmao jk jk I bet yur hella attractive I can tell and yeah don't worry about those chciks they know theyre inferior so they do that whether its self concious or not they know theyre inferior just be happy your better than them :)

• To get a rise out of you.. for fun, to make themselves feel beter.

What Girls Said 7

• it's always like that sister. green eyed monsters always lurk in the shadows to swallow you whole. I get that at work.there's two stinking whales who don't shave who use to pick on me all the time because of my accent and of my height...BUT I get the attention of a lot of cute male co workers and that made them more jelly. oh well, I just ignored them and go on with my work at least in the end, I am still the bigger person.

WHEN PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO PULL YOU DOWN, IT ONLY MEANS ONE THING: YOU ARE ABOVE THEM.

• Well, I know I'm not gorgeous, but I'm also not unattractive, and when I see a girl who is more attractive than me, I don't insult her. I usually just think to myself "what a pretty girl!" or something like that. Lols! The girls that do that are just jealous, I think, and are probably unhappy with themselves, so when they see a girl that is beautiful, they want to make them feel the way they do. It's sad, if you think about it... And sometimes, they just might make the assumption that just because a girl is pretty, that they have a bad attitude and think they're better than everyone else, even if that isn't true.

• Maybe they think that the more they rip on a pretty girl the better they'll feel about themselves or the more flaws they find in a pretty girl makes her less perfect. It's kinda like why a bully picks on other kids. These girls are insecure about themselves and the only way they feel good about themselves is by emotionally tearing down another girl by "commenting" on her physical appearance

• Haha I was going to ask this too. I really notice it when I walk into my gym. All the ladies turn their noses up at me and act like I want to steal their men. I mean I could not possibly be there to just work out.

• The same reason that pretty girls pick on ugly girls.

To make themselves feel like they're better than somebody else.

• Because they're bitter. And they want to make themselves feel better.

Personally, I see beauty in every girl. Maybe not overall, but I see features that are good looking.

So I would never condemn anyone I thought was prettier than me.

• they're just jealous and hatin