How to fix dry and damaged hair?

I don't useven heat on my hair often and I usually keep it down I don't dye it excessively and I use oils at least once or twice a month. And I put my hair up when I sleep at least once or twice a week. And I comb my hair when it's wet and brush it when it's damp.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I have super thin hairs that get dried out and split all the time, so this is what I do-

About once every couple of weeks I get out my giant jar of coconut oil (By the way, I feel like every woman should have a jar of this crap. It's freaking magic. I could list of uses all day. ANYWAY-) and I completely cover my hair in it. Always start with dry hair, helps if it's recently brushed so you don't have to fight tangles when sectioning. Pin your hair up on top of your head and take out small sections one at a time as you coat them with coconut oil. To do this just scrape some out of the jar, warm it up in your hand until it melts, and work it in to your hair. When a section is completely saturated take down another section and repeat. When all your hair is down and oily, start into your roots. After you've got oil over the place and you look trashy as all get out, you can either wrap your hair in saran wrap or be lazy like me and put it up in a loose bun. Hang out for like a half hour and then go take a nice hot shower. You might have to shampoo twice to get it all out.

When my hair dries after doing this; ermahgerd, so soft.

What Guys Said 2

• I think you need to use a good oil that can keep your scalp healthy and then take head bath on a regular basis, use a good shampoo.

• Just shave your head. Hair is unimportant for a woman. Only torsos matter.

What Girls Said 18

• 1. Drink more water
    2. Don't brush it when it's wet
    3. Don't put it up when you sleep
    4. Try coconut oil
    5. Eat foods beneficial to hair
    6. Trim dead hair off

• Recently I went from red hair (colored, not natural) to blonde, and bleaching it damaged my hair even more than I thought it would. I've been using Pureology's Strength Cure shampoo and conditioner whenever I wash it, and that's been helping a lot, I think. I don't need to use anti-frizz serums anymore because my hair is getting soft again. It's expensive, but it's worth it.

• Well, here's what I do: don't use heat ever, try no heat alternatives to curling straightening or blow drying. I usually keep my hair in loose updos, like buns, but I don't know if that damages your hair or not... However, try not to touch your hair too much as it can make your hair oilier fast which means you need to wash it more often. I know this is going to sound a little gross, but don't wash your hair. Since I always wear my hair up, I rarely wash it. I currently haven't washed my hair in almost two weeks. The natural oils are really good for your hair. But since you wear your hair down regularly, maybe every three days is a good time. As for wearing your hair up while you sleep, I always do that because my hair was bleached recently so I can't let it get tangled too much but I think it's probably best to wear it up while sleeping. It's just easier. Also, when you wash your hair, try using a deep conditioning mask in place of a conditioner (I personally use salon products because some are super worth the money. I shampoo, then use an intensive deep treatment and then also use the conditioner). You really shouldn't brush or comb your hair when wet but my hair does get super tangley so I wait until it's mostly dry and just use my fingers to untangle it and then when it's completely dry I use detangling stuff and a brush to get through it and then I put it in a bun. And it could be that you have a lot of split ends. It's worth going to the salon.

• Buy this
    static.chemistwarehouse.com.au/.../original.jpg
    That will renew your hair. Trim it often, use a heat protectant spray when using any form of heat on your hair, and shampoo and condition your hair as you'd normally do.

• Oil your hair more often, doing it once or twice a month isn't enough. Try using oils every time before you wash your hair or at least once a week. Speaking about oils, use an oil after you wash your hair as well. I recommend avocado or jojoba oil. Hair is at its most sensitive state when it's wet so don't brush it, tie it, or rub it in a towel while it's wet or damp. Water weakens the weakest bonds within strands of hair, thus hair gets more vulnerable to breakage. If you want to get rid of the knots, gently brush with a wide tooth comb. Use good quality shampoos and conditioners for dry&damaged hair like L'oréal Lipidium, Réné Furterer, and Kerastase Oleo Relax. On top of that eat well. Diet is the most important thing that contributes to shiny and healthy hair.

• You probably need to cut it. All other solutions are just symptom management - cutting the dead and damaged parts off will actually make your hair healthy again.

• lots of conditioner!

• 1. Shampoo it less often. 2-3 times a week at most is perfect.
    2. Deep condition once a week. I'd really recommend Redken conditioner, or the Aussie balm mint treatment. They're really great for dry hair.
    Other than that, it sounds like your regimen is okay actually. Maybe you just have fine hair that gets damaged really easily?

• Get some intensive conditioner or hair mask, ring out the water from your hair after washing and add conditioner to the ends. Massage into the ends and brush through your hair. Leave in for 5-10 mins, then rinse. You can also use leave in conditioner. Also get it trimmed regularly.

• You have to cut your dead ends or any dry dead hair off for that matter bc that's the best way to keep your hair healthy. Keep oiling and/or leave conditioner in it.

• Drink tons of water and get into a habit of drinking water everyday and this will rehydrate your hair and make it healthy again

• It depends on awhat kind of hair you have...
    You should post a picture

• Brushing your hair while damp actually does more damage. Wait until it dries.

• I find that Aussie shampoo and conditioner have really helped me with my dry and damaged hair - especially as I highlight my hair.

• It could be related to your alimentation, stress... and your life...

• you can't just cut it

• -Scalp massage your hair with Argan oil once every 3 days for around 10-20 minutes.
    -Avoid using a paddle brush, use a wide toothed comb instead.
    -Avoid applying heat.
    -Use sulfate free and alcohol free hair products
    -Consume protein and omega 3
    -Drink a lot of water
    -Exercise

• Coconut oil. Apply it a couple of hours before washing your hair