What can I use instead of lotion for my new tattoo?

So I got a new tattoo and I've been following the instructions that the tattoo artist gave me. It's coming out great! Problem is, I ran out of lotion! I don't know if I should use the A&D ointment because I heard that it draws out the ink, am I wrong? What else can I use in the meantime? help, its so itchy and I don't want to scratch it!

Most Helpful Guy

• Get more lotion most Gas station sell it

Most Helpful Girl

• For me personally I let it dry heal, i have used lotion in the past non scented however you'll be okay! If its itchy slap it.

What Guys Said 2

• Go to Walgreen and it's a blue cap and white bottle helps with burns and shit very good for tat I forgot the name and don't got it in my truck I will you name later

• You could try conditioner

What Girls Said 3

• Hiw long have you had the tattoo..
    Don't use a&d use Aquafor next time.
    Aloe Vera is good for them also

• My first tattoo was on my rib cage, it's really big. It itched like crazy, I used the ointment they gave me, but it only lasted a day so I bought aquafor and used it the rest of the time. It's a really good cream, stopped itching almost immediately and it healed super quick. It's definitely the best cream I've used for tattoos.

• I've always been told to use aquaphor