Do you think it's true that other people see you as more attractive than you see yourself?

A friend once told me "you might think you're a 7, but someone else could think you're a 10."

So do you think it's true that other people see you as more attractive than you see yourself? I mean physical attraction, like a random girl/guy you would see on the street.

For example, I honestly do not see myself as 'gorgeous' or 'beautiful' but I get called those ALL the time. Even by random people (not trying to brag, just trying to prove a point) Sometimes I sit there thinking "how could they see me as that..."

And one more thing, the people who compliment me are BRUTALLY honest people.

So do you think it's true? Have you ever felt like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it's true, everyone is somewhat critical of themselves, unless of course they are completely self loving people... Then that goes out the window. But normally people will be insecure about themselves and others see the good in them. We focus on what we think are our own problems and read way too much into it. I mean personally I hate how I look, but I've always had gorgeous girlfriends I feel I shouldn't be able to date.

What Guys Said 5

• This is most certainly true, though the obverse also applies. While some people see us as being more beautiful than others, some will find us less so. Eventually you'll come face to face with someone who thinks you're the most beautiful creature to ever cling to the orb, and when that happens, none of it will matter any longer.

• Definitely true. As a really lame and completely unscientific example, I once had my photo on Hot or Not on a whim. I would have always described myself as a 6 or 7, but apparently many more thought I was a 9 or 10 (I ended up as an 8.9 before I took my pic off). If a guy is calling you beautiful and gorgeous, he thinks you are. Either way, try not to dwell on it.

• Its all a matter of preference, I've seen girls that I thought where very pretty and my friends would say they where ugly and the other way around. Yes I think that is possible that others can see you as more attractive than you see your self. I have felt like that a few times.

• might be true. although sometimes guys tell an average lookin girl she's hot so he can bed her real fast.

• Just like anything in life, one person's rating can be completely different from someone else's.

What Girls Said 1

• what maybe ugly to one, might be beautiful to someone else. BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER. :) so don't be too hard on yourself.