I don't like my prom dress anymore, what should I do?

My prom is in June and I bought this really cute dress and when i saw it i fell in love and it WAS perfect for me (its red and its kinda tight) it was really expensive and i can't return it back so im stuck with it the problem is that I don't like it anymore i look so ulgy and so fat in it i feel so gross in that dress and is nothing like the dresses from the other girls from my class i feel insecure and i can't buy another dress and I cannot return it and i need some good advice from you guys

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey don't worry about it. If you can't sell it and buy a new one you have another option. The dress sounds like it's beautiful, red dresses are nice. Whoever you are going with probably won't mind but it's evenly important, maybe even more important, that you feel good in it too. If you don't think you will feel good in it and can't sell it the only other option is to lose the weight by the time of the dance. You still have at least a month and a half. If it's late June you have even more time.

• Whatever happens do your best to have a fun time at prom! 👍

• Thanks a lot and it is a nice dress i just wasn't feeling it anymore because I gained a little weight but you're right i have some time to loose it and look good in it and feel good about it.

• I am glad you are feeling hopeful about it. Best of luck to you! Not that you need it.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you can't buy another dress and you can't return it, then your only options are to either sell it and raise money for another one or wear it.

What Guys Said 3

• Live with your decision. That is what adults do and expect of other adults. Furthermore, it teaches us to be more thoughtful and less rash when making decisions.

• Also, don't be afraid to have a very distinctive dress. There may be safety in numbers by being like everyine else, but it is by being different that good things can happen. Embrace this dress as an opportunity.

• Thanks a lot! When I bought the dress I didn't think twice about it and i felt okay in it but then i saw how the other girls are going and they look way better than i do, my dress is tight and theirs is loosely and they look so confident and im so insecure. But thanks a lot I'll try and embrace this opportunity.

• I think it might be the extra weight issue so what I would do is try to lose the weight but talk to your family about a plan B. Tell them you are trying to lose weight but if you are still not feeling it, could they help you get an alternative dress and as one of the girls said keep this dress for some future function.

• Let's see it? You probably look amazing in it

What Girls Said 2

• Wear it for someone's wedding in a few years! In the mean time, go to a department store or TJ MAXX and pick a less expensive, yet gorgeous dress!

• Maybe you can sell it over and use the money to buy a new one. If you are lucky, you may meet someone else who wants to exchange dresses with the same size as you.. doubt it tho.