How long does it take to walk well in heels?

I do fine in a pair of 2.5" wedges, but I'm going to a formal event in mid-June and need to wear actual heels. I found some that are absolutely perfect, but they're 4.5" high and I'm positive I can't walk gracefully in them yet. I'm still practicing with a pair that's nearly an inch lower than that.

Do you think I'll have time to adjust to the higher heels?

Most Helpful Guy

• That really depends as to how much you wear your heels, like daily, or 2 days a week, 3 days a week or do you wear only on special occasions or parties?

If you are wearing daily and for a good number of hours then you should learn to walk in a reasonably quick time.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have no idea. I am 24 and I don't think I will ever adjust. x_x

What Guys Said 4

• I suppose practice - Get a pair of cheap 4.5" to practice in and that gives you nearly two months to get used to heels that high.

• 54 hours, 23 min and 45 seconds accoording to my very scientific and 100% trustworthy calculations.

Okay, I may be a bit off.

• I do not know, never wear heels before. Keep practicing walking in them.

• Maybe you learn to walk in them in time, but dancing in them should be interesting.

• The odds of me dancing at all are slim, haha. Thanks for the answer!

What Girls Said 7

• Haha anything more than 3 inches and I don't think I'd ever be able to walk in them.

But I usually find if you can't walk right in them within 20 minutes of putting them on then that ain't gonna change. But if u get steaming drunk it might make it easier... or at least make u think you're walking better in them xD

• I dont know maybe a year.

• Higher heels take time. .. Definitely. I tend to only wear my 4-5 inch ones when clubbing or around boyfriends. ... they kind of put your feet in an almost vertical position. Which makes me feel sexy and look hot but u can't actually wear them for long without pain and feet going numb

• Sometimes just days and sometimes weeks. Depends on the heels and I have over than 14 pairs. Higher heels, yeah they are more work. At the same time, they are more sexy.

• Some take longer than others. Depends on the heel.

• Definitely! It may help to just practice walking around in them at home before then.

• Just keep walking in them. I have a pair of 5 inch heels and it took some time.