My ear piercings are sinking into my ears?

I got my ears pierced couple weeks ago and they are red and swollen now. Because of that, my piercings are sinking into my skin and they really hurt. They're not like completely in my skin but they're pressed really hard against my skin and only the jewelry part is visible. But it looks like its about to sink in. If I just keep on cleaning them a couple times a day, will it come back out? I shouldn't take them out right?

Most Helpful Guy

• You might be allergic to the earrings - a lot of people have a nickel allergy which they may not know about until the start wearing jewelery. If you can switch to some you know are 100% gold or silver instead, that will rule that out.
    The other possibility is that they've been infected - try treating them with rubbing alcohol, and if it doesn't improve in a few days go see a doctor ASAP!

Most Helpful Girl

• Seek medical help.

What Guys Said 2

• I think you should take them out. Not sure what could be the problem though

• Sounds like an infection - Get them out and check with a doctor

What Girls Said 3

• You should take them out I would guess your allergic to something in them

• use Listerine mouth wash on your ears it works.
    now what are the posts made of the bit that go through your ear

• Keep cleaning them. You might be allergic to the type of earring it is. I would get it checked out if the swelling doesn't go away.

• Thanks! I got an allergic reaction to the cheap ones I got at claires before, but the ones i have one are stainless steel so I feel like I shouldn't have an allergic reaction… I don't know I should just get it checked out.

• I'm the same way. I bought good quality earrings as well and my ears were still bothered by them. Your case seems a bit more extreme, you really should get it checked out. Good luck!