Do you feel that some men look better with facial hair/beard than they do completely shaven?

• Yes, some do.
  • No, they just think they do.
I'm considering shaving because of the lack of dates I'm getting.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, definitely. Not all men, but I think guys with young-looking, round faces look better if they aren't clean shaven. I think some guys look better without a beard too. If you have one of those strong jawlines that can cut glass, might be better not to hide it behind a beard.

• I have a young looking round race...

• I'm aware that it's shallow and superficial but I feel if I can succeed on there I can succeed anywhere, I'm just trying to be the best version of myself both physically and mentally.

Also I don't know where to go and the obvious places to go bars/clubs are a horrible place for me because the conversations are vapid and I don't like to drink.

I guess I need to go wander the city now that I have moved closer to it.

• So am I average looking... And is there any way I could improve on that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes absolutely, but you can overdo it. Most girls won't mind a short beard/stubble but they detest the mountain man style.

• What is considered mountain man... A couple weeks of no shaving, a month or months?

I took the smallest guard to my face about a month ago, and I noticed that when I got to the length of the 2nd guard was when I was getting most looks... Probably should go back to that length (even though I like my slight Van Dyke beard).

• If you can find a good barber who can style beards and long hair then that's one you keep for life and it's worth the money - take note of the clients in various shops and that'll give you a (very basic) indication. I think a razor is better for absolutely clean lines, but if you're skilled at fading in from the edges with the clipper you can make it work too.

Regarding your update though : do take note of what the anon girl said. It's better to get out there and find a girl, (not in a club or bar but perhaps doing something you enjoy?) than to find a meaningful relationship on Tinder.

• Yeah online dating is a joke... But I feel if I can succeed on there I can succeed anywhere.

I've been messing around with the trimmer trying to maintain a very refined Van Dyke beard but I feel I might be wasting my time and should just take the #2 guard and be done with it but I want to maintain individuality... Or maybe I'm just being stubborn.

What Girls Said 11

• MOST GUYS LOOK 10398479x HOTTER WITH BEARDS
    NECK BEARDS AND CHIN STRAPS ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT aren't ATTRACTIVE
    I LOVE BEARDS SO MUCH

• I'm probably going to trim mine to long stubble because I'm frustrated and that length seems to get me the most attention in a positive way.

• Yes facial hair hides flaws. That is if you have flaws. Ashton kutcher for example has a very classic handsome face and a beard takes away from that

whosdatedwho.net/.../Ashton-Kutcher.jpg
    www.reahuu.com/.../Ashton-Kutcher.jpg

But well if you don't look like an underwear model most likely you'll look better with one.

• Ashton looks good regardless but I see what you are saying... It's hard to tell, all I can do is experiment and be mindful of what gets me the most attention from women.

• For slightly more buff men- not obese but buff- thick boned- a beard can hide a face or neck that is baby like (baby faced men). It can make them appear older, more protective, hotter. Some men that have a raw, primal energy to them succeed with the "cavemen" bearded look, but they should have tattoos to add to the dark sexual energy. in my opinion.

• Yep, I have my dad as an example XD

• Honestly lol.

• Hahaha yep. We tell him not to completely shave his beard or moustache.. Years ago, he came home and he had completely shaved his facial hair, we were all like NOOOOO what did u do to yourself lol XD

• Yessss! Some of the. Look way hotter with facial hair.

• i dont know if men think they look better or not. i just know i dont like facial hair.

• Yeah, I'm just debating what I'm willing to do to make myself as desirable as possible in the dating world.

• only if they're unattractive

• What determines that?

• it depends tbh. some guys looks better without facial hair/beard

• Ugly women have make up and ugly men have facial hair.

• Okay... Where do you fit in that spectrum?

• Beards look way better - as long as its well groomed!

• ys but most of the time no.

What Guys Said 11

• I know that's how I was whenever I shaved it I looked like a kid but when I had it I looked really grown and probably better looking.

• Some girls have told me they like facial hair cuz they can't have some and they partially like dongs for the same reason
    Ah female logic

• Yeah they're crazy, say one thing mean another - no wonder guys are so stressed out.

• Haha dude I'm still young but what I've learned is that they don't even understand themselves so stop trying to figure them out
      Instead become someone who's attractive to them
      There lies the secret

• I know bro, what do you think I'm doing haha

• I like my beard. People do think I'm 32 instead of 22. But fuck what others think, I can grow one so I'll do it

• Yea lol, personally, I look like a 16 year old without beard.

• That will come in handy when you get older...

• I definitely think so. Facial hair can really fit with the look of some guys. Experiment and see the difference.

• I wish I could keep my 24-48 hours stubble forever. No more, no less

• So do you use a razor or clippers?

If you're using clippers just use the smallest guard or no guard and do a quick skim every morning or other morning.

• I've always used a razor, I just shave like one a weeek. That's a good idea, never even have thought of that before lol

• Yeah man do it up! Get clippers not a trimmer because clippers have a little lever on the side so you can adjust the blade distance to get a closer shave and usually the smallest guard is like 3mm and if you use the lever it will probably be 1.5mm and that might be the perfect length (maybe even just 3mm) I don't know, just do it.

• I prefere being clean shaved because I like the look.
    Beards are ok, just some of them look to scruffy and like the guy doesn't care.

• I think some guys do look better. But I shave twice a day and hate the beard. I used to have one and got. much more attention clean shaven. Shave it off dude and see how it goes.

• Tried it, I found my sweet spot - it's just that it's shorter than what I like but whatever.

• feminism ;)

• Wtf are you talking about?

• Beards are ugly

• I am 16 and I have a beard