How do I let my mom know that I want to wear "boy's" clothes for a special occasion at church coming up?

So... I have pretty short hair, I don't shave anything, and I wear "boy" t-shirts at times so my mom makes fun of me and says I look like a boy. TBH I'm not really a tomboy like playing sports and that stuff, I just like to hang out with guys a lot. Anyway, there's a special occasion at church coming up for my school and everyone has to dress nicely (like a dinner , school dance, or graduation).
All the girls are expected to wear flower crowns, which I will gladly do, but all the girls keep talking about their dresses and jewelry they've picked out. The teacher has already said the dress codes (boys: tie, long-sleeve button down, dress shoes, dress pants girls: nice dress attire no spaghetti straps or w/ a cardigan, flats, flower crown) and I don't know what would happen if I do the boy's one or if my mom would even let me.
I'm not scared of people laughing at me or whatever, I just don't know how to introduce the topic and being convincing if I have to.

What Guys Said 2

• OK, there is nothing wrong if you like wearing boy's clothes, I know you said you are not a tomboy but there is nothing wrong in being a tomboy either. You don't have to do anything you don't want to do.

If wearing boy's clothes makes you happy then you can go ahead and wear them.

• Thanks, it does make me happy, but I don't feel my mom or teachers can accept that.

• Freak

• I forgive you because clearly you are insecure about yourself if you post this comment anonymously.

What Girls Said 1

• Why don't you just wear like girls slacks and like a nice blous and a cardigan?