Smile or straight face in pictures?

I've heard straight face in pictures are more attractive, just here to make sure.

• Smile
  • No smile

Most Helpful Girl

• straight face to me is just kinda dumb...

• So would you say my profile picture is dumb?

• kinda... It isn't nearly as flattering as it could be... you just look pissed off

• Guess I have to change my selfie game now haha, thanks for your opinion :)

Most Helpful Guy

• i dont smile so imma go with that

What Girls Said 16

• That's supposedly true for guys. I'm not sure I prefer either one. I just look at the picture and see if I like it. I'd say it depends. Some people's smile really just lights up a room, and there's this little sparkle in their eyes. If you have that kind of smile, then do that. If not, then I don't think it really matters if you do either one. I think if you have a gorgeous chiseled face though, then it's better to just keep it in it's resting state so you can clearly see how it really looks like and appreciate it for what it is.

Personally, I smile when it's others taking the picture, but if I'm taking it alone by myself, I more often than not just keep a straight face as my smile can look and feel quite forced at times. X)

• INTJ's probably excel in 'I'm going to kick your ass mode', not in overt expressions of affection :P

• @Levin Trying to improve on that. 😬

• Everyone say I look good with a smile.

• I rarely smile in pics unless prodded.

• simple smile. sweet fade, btw! (:

• smiles

• No a smile is 10x more attractive than a straight face. Having no expression in a photo can often come across as you looking mean but a smile is much more inviting and pleasant.

• A real smile usually makes anyone more attractive.

• People try to get me to smile but I barely do.

• I have a resting bitch face, so I can only smile in pictures :-( Guys who smile look more approachable though

• i always smile, straight face me looks upset

• I always smile. Straight face is just... boring..

• I like to smile

• I almost always smile. Straight faces in pictures just make the person look unapproachable.

• I find it hard to smile for a picture. I usually end up looking like this: 😁

• Smiles are always awesome :)

• If you have dimples, it's best to smile!

What Guys Said 7

• A cheeky smirk is probably the best compromise between looking like a goofball and completely unapproachable.

• If you want to get girls, don't smile.
    You wanna be seen as hot, not as cute.

• It depends on the occasion and the impression you want to give. Let's keep possibilities open.

• I do a straight face for the most part. Despite what girls here are saying, I've been told my smile looks "scary" therefore, I don't smile for photos.

• None, make a stupid face.

• i look above average either way but nothing great. Zayn malik is the god when it comes to smiling

• All people, well most, are seem as more approachable if they smile