Haha... there was a post a few weeks ago about quidettes or quids... something anyway, and it mentioned jersey shore!

Well... I've never heard of it before... but it is coming to the UK on the 21st... I think ill watch it just to see what you all meant haha x

Hmm... I've just watched Jersey Shore...

I can honestly say, I find those people absolutely awful.

I can't believe people are actually like that! WTF. If I saw them, id just slap some sense into them...

Complete madness!

Most Helpful Guy

• Basically Jersey Shore is a reality show about a group of twentysomething Americans living together in a beach home in New Jersey. The cast members are people generally referred to as "Guidos" and "Guidettes" which are Americans of Italian descent who try to look preppy and rich. They are stereotypically depicted as having bad attitudes, dark fake tans, hair that has way too much product in it, and they practically live at night clubs. The women all have fake boobs and the men are all steroid freaks who live at the gym.

For this show, MTV assembled a group of the most stereotypical Guidos/Guidettes to live together under one roof in a beach house for the summer under the stipulation that they work part time jobs at a local T-shirt/souvenir shop. As long as they can hold down that part time job they stay on the show. Throughout the show, their stupidity and need to always party/get laid/get drunk puts them in compromising situations that make you lose all respect for them as human beings.

Here are the cast members:

Angelina - Drama queen. Not much is seen about her since she gets kicked off the show only a few episodes in. All you get to learn about her in the short time she's on the show is that she's got a bad attitude.

Mike "The Situation" - A womanizing jerk who truly honestly believes that he can get any woman into bed at any time. He is disrespectful to others and a backstabber to his friends.

Ronnie - A steroid-abusing bodybuilder with a hot head who's always getting into fights.

Pauly D - One of the only semi-respectable ones of the bunch, he's a DJ who lives for his hobby. He doesn't really mingle with the other cast members and doesn't get involved in much drama over the course of the show.

Nicole "Snooki" - A girl with no self respect who lets everyone walk all over her. She spends most of the show getting drunk, crying, and acting like a skank.

Jenn "Jwoww" - Hypocritical, quick to judge others when she makes the same mistake herself. She spends half the show talking on the phone with her long distance boyfriend who she claims she loves, trying to hide the fact that she cheats on him.

Vinny - The dude with no backbone. He seems nice enough and respectable enough but lets everyone walk all over him and, for the most part, stays out of drama, like Pauly.

Sammi "Sweetheart" - She is the poster child for every stereotypical bad thing about American teenage girls, only not a teenager. She goes through more mood swings than you can shake a stick at and is second only to Angelina in being a drama queen.

Most Americans and even people from NJ are not like this. For this show, MTV simply picked the worst of the worst of an ethnic/racial stereotype and lumped them together for laughs.

• Excellent feedback about the show! I am from Jersey and I watcheow for entertainment purposes. BTW, people from Jersey are not like the people cast for the show. I am a native to Jersey.

What Guys Said 8

• This show was filmed literally 10 minutes away from my home...the added attention our area has gotten since then has been incredible, in both good ways and bad.

• Disclaimer: That TV show does not speak for all of America...just New Jersey.

• I'm from the area where the show was filmed, and I think it speaks way more about the people who visit New Jersey, rather than the people who are here year-round.

• Yeah think they are called guidos. They looks ridiculous haha

• I've been to Seaside before. Like the one anonymous user said, 98% of the people don't act like those clowns on that show.

• I think it's a waste of time, but it's entertaining to some.

• Jersey Shore Represents America

• That's an extremely scary prospect.

• Lol I'm obviously kidding, but what's serious is that this our international image. How are people overseas supposed to know any better. I'm sure your stereotypes about Africa and the middle east are eerily similar to the way the media portray it

• I know that that show won't represent america, I've been to america before... spent 3 months in south carolina... amazing! then travelled up to new york, so my idea of americans is very different than that jersey shore! I still plan on watching it tho haha x

• I live 45 min...from that place. I can tell you that 98% percent of people don't look like that or act that bad.

It's the 2% percent of people who suffer from an identity crisis, who act that way

• theres lots of drama on it like th real world times 10...which makes it entertaining

What Girls Said 6

• Lol sadly I loved that show..it was entertaining to me

• The Jersey shore is this show on MTV Guidos or the dudes their like muscular,cocky and have a lot of gel in their hair and they like to wear Ed Hardy.

Guidettes are basically chicks with long hair, show off, are loud mouths chicks, dress trashy and talk with the weirdest accents

Oh and another funny thing is the way the dance "Fist pumping and Battle"

• I've honestly never watched Jersey Shore, but I've seen commercial and it's...Ridiculous and trashy. It's basically a bunch of people who spend too much time in a tanning bed, style their hair in hideous fashions, and go out and cause drama in a club. Typical tacky MTV show.

• Guidos and guidettes... oh man that show is the bomb. It's so trashy but you can't pull your eyes away. Have fun :) Hahaha.

• how ridiculous is this show..pretty funny tho

• I think it's a show everyone watches, but no one admits to it. they love to hate it :)