Why do guys wear their pants so low?

Me and my friend have been wondering this cause all the guys in our school wear there pants low. I heard that it started in prison and I told her that but she wants to know y guys in our school do it

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people have problems affording new clothes. These people would get hand me downs from older siblings that would not always fit them. Since they didn't fit properly, they would be baggy and the pants would sag a little. The hard life like this was romanticized by hip hop in the late 80s and throughout the 90s, making "Ghetto" a style. This is pretty much were it comes from. The reason the kids at your school do it is because they see older people who grew up with this style of streetwear doing it. Some sag their pants more than others for just that reason: so they are sagging lower than others, and are therefore cooler than others. This is getting to be somewhat dated, as now I observe the trend is going toward tighter, more fitting jeans.

What Guys Said 4

• Because girls apparently like sagging (when my teacher talked about it in class, many girls responded by calling it "hot" - don't ask me why). It's also the fad nowadays - "all the other guys are doing it."

Personally, I think it's ridiculous, especially when it's so low they have to constantly pull it up while walking, and they have to walk like penguins just to keep them up like this link

• I assume you mean when they wear them so low you can see their underwear, these guys are referred to as douche bags. Disregard their actions and remain a safe distance away at all times.

• it's because they want gay butt sex from other guys.

• cause it's better then having your pants riding up constantly giving you a wedgie all day

What Girls Said 2

• it started in a calvin klein advertisement in the 70s or 80s

• They want to think they're 'gangster'. Which obviously is not a way.