Guys, do you think you could dress girls (not literally) better then they dress themselves? Girls, do you think you could dress guys better?

Most Helpful Guy

• My ex and I were together for many years. She was never a shopping type and had really no idea how to dress. Never wanting to make her feel self-conscious about it I never mentioned anything. Finally one day after years she got fed up with her wardrobe and wanted to buy all new stuff. She begged me to go with her and help. I didn't say much at first until she became frustrated not knowing what she wanted. Finally i said "fine": I walked around the store and picked out 6 outfits she could mix and match in about 1&1/2 min. And sent her to the change room. She was shocked. She loved everything and I taught her a lot about what flattered her best and what she could do. She couldn't believe so many years had gone by and she had a guy with a true eye for fashion. She just knew I dressed well. After that she had me suggest everything she bought from then on.

Then female friends found out and wanted my help too. I became legend.
    After we split I lived with a friend who is a lesbo and she started getting me to dress her! Then more friends wanted to take me shopping with them.

For me it's just natural. As a people watcher, who is visually artistic and as someone who grew up in a family of boys, I've always been fascinated with women and watched them very closely. The funny thing is no one suspects my hidden tallent because I'm typically a very 'manly' man who happens to dress well.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope I can't even dress myself!

What Guys Said 13

• No chance in hell.

I could suggest the TYPE of clothing I *like* better, but actually choosing her clothes? No way.

Let me put it this way: I buy virtually all of my clothes online, because I despise shopping for clothes in stores/malls. I've been in a mall 3 times in the last decade, and all of them were because a girl I was with wanted to go for something.

So, just, NO. Let the girls do what they're good at!

• Haha no, I'm color blind :o
    You would hide yourself due to wrong color combinations :-(
    If I could choose the style and had someone with me for color advise I would dress some girls differently. Without daring to say it would be "better", what we like is personally :D

• I've worn sweats out in public before, I don't think I'm in any position to tell others how to dress.

• Nah, the gals know their stuff. I better stay away!

• Yes, given a good budget i could dress "most" girls better. It becomes hard when you're working with a limited budget (compared to guys who can look good for <$20).

• I'm so sorry but nobody has ever looked good in cheap clothes, no woman, no man, no dog.

• I've bought cute outfits (mostly from h&m and target) for $20. very simple and plain, but still cute. I think when it comes to men's clothing though, to look good they usually can't get away with too much cheap stuff.

• I guess a simple dress & flats are the female equivalent to Henley, jeans & boots but you're still partly right as women invest more money into their looks when it comes to skin care & make-up.
      Talking fashion only they are about even price wise and it's not cheap to look good for either. Man or woman, you're extremely lucky if you find a proper, entire outfit for 200-300€ and at that price the clothes are still gonna be far from high end fashion-quality ans style.

• probably, but i would honestly just change her choice of colors. I really dislike girls wearing purple and hot pink, or beige.

• *Gets naked* Ok ladies come dress me XD
    *Gets naked again* Nah I prefer the other suit better. :v
    Sorry... sorry I'm in a naughty mood today (Not really sorry) :P

• You can't really say that for an entire gender, since you have a mix of slobs and fashionistas in both.

I would probably dress girls differently, but not necessarily better.

• Sorry but Are you a neon genisis evangelion fan? LOL I have all the DVDs, that ANIME is creepy as hell

• Oh, and Rei I+II, Hedgehog's Dilemma, and Thanatos. Everything Shiro Sagisu composed for the anime was pretty great.

• Yeah, just make the soundtrack higher quality

• no i dont think so i have no fashion sense.

• Yeah I think so, because I have a style that I really like, so I could dress her perfectly. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder right?

• yeah im sure i can dress them better then they dress them selves.

• Not better no but with in 3 hours yeah

• Girls can dress. I think they could do better than me.

What Girls Said 13

• The problem with people who say this, is that they're thinking of the absolute WORST-dressed days for the opposite sex, and comparing *that* to the absolute BEST they can dream up.
    I mean... half the time, I walk around the house in a long sleeve crop top, a tank top underneath it, and some gym leggings. Compared to that, well, yeah, lots of guys could pick out *something* that would work better.

But, when I'm actually dressed to kill? Hell nah. Let's be serious now, peeps.

In a sense, this is almost the opposite of the FOMO ("fear of missing out") phenomenon from social media, where people compare their own worst moments to everyone else's best moments (as presented on the internet). Here, you have people looking at others exactly when those others are dressed like shit and giving 0 fucks about it, and saying "well, I could improve that". Well, sure, of course you could. Lol.

__

There's also another problem here.
    When people say this, they're forgetting that people will BE uncomfortable and awkward -- and will ACT uncomfortable and awkward -- if they're not "at home" in the clothes they're wearing.

Boys, you might like yr girl in tight dresses and heels, but some girls just don't roll like that. If you put her into clothes she isn't comfortable with -- ESPECIALLY clothes that are more "sexy" than she's comfortable with -- she'll probably just shut down completely.

Girls, you might like yr boy in a polo shirt and khakis, but, if he's the type who'd rather wear an old band T-shirt, well-worn jeans, and steel-toed boots, then... yeah, he'll lose a lot of his confidence in the preppy clothes, because they just ain't him.

• I love fashion and I'm an eccentric so yes I'll most definitely be able to put nicer clothes on most people because let's be honest the vast majority unfortunately dress like sheep.

• definitely. I also think a lot of guys not having much luck with the ladies would do much better with the right haircut (for their face) and better clothing.

• I probably could but I like the clothes that my boyfriend wears, so I wouldn't change it at all. :) Though I will be stealing some of his clothes. :D

• I sometimes go out and buy clothes for my brother because he hates shopping for clothes and whenever he wears the clothes I buy, people always compliment him.

I think I could but who knows

• My boyfriend is usually my style consultant. He's honestly more fashionable than me but not all guys are. I think it depends on the person.

• I'm not that great at dressing myself but sometimes I feel like I could put together a guy's outfit better than my own

• i could DEFINITELY dress most men better than they dress themselves

• Oh yes. Most guys these days dress like randomized Sims.

• I think I can do that.

• I'd dress them according to my own taste so not necessarily better. xD

• Without a doubt we would win hands down.

• I don't think a guy would be able to dress a woman unless he was really camp. Most guys have no sense of style so I reckon I'd be able to dress 99% of the worlds population of men better than they dress themselves.