What are fat people supposed to wear?

Lol, people always have a problem with what fat people wear it seems. People are like:

"No leggings! Nobody wants to see your cellulite!"

"Cover your arms, nobody wants to see your flab"

"No crop tops! You're stomach it too big!"

I'm just wondering what they are supposed to wear lmao. What looks nice on bigger people? More than just sweat pants and a t shirt. 😛

Not asking for myself. Just asking in general.

Most Helpful Guy

• Whatever the hell they like.

People are complex. They say things that don't perfectly resemble their actual beliefs. Some people will honk their horn and yell as they're cut off in traffic, then two days later will themselves cut off somebody. Or they'll get onto somebody for saying something mean, then will themselves say something mean to somebody else.

What I'm trying to say is that people aren't as committed to the words they say as they sound like they are. A person who says the hurtful things you listed to an obese man/woman may not actually be bothered by obesity. It just comes out of their mouth. And they may actually do the very things they're accusing others of doing.

Advice for obese people: when people say that you shouldn't wear such-and-such clothing, just say something like, "Thanks for your opinion, but I think I'll wear what I want." Odds are that person will back off, because what they said was just an off-the-cuff remark that didn't have any conviction behind it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wrap tops and dresses look good provided u also have an ample cleavage. Vertical lines are slimming... I know they say black is too but I find it isn't on people over a certain weight... like I think my friend is about 20 stone and she looks better in colourful patterned things than black... I guess because they distract the eyes better.

One other thing I notice is my friend always takes the time to do her make up nicely and paint her nails which I think helps a lot.

Guessing the key is distraction. Also, sometimes loose fitting clothes can actually make you look bigger than you really are so if u have a waste then cinch it in with a belt and if u have good boobs then get them on display.

What Guys Said 32

• same as fit, skinny people, etc. whatever flatters and compliments your body as much as possible

• whatever makes them feel comfortable... but as long as its decent... i say the same to all women anyway regardless of shape size or height.

• lol, you act like pants, long sleeves and/or shirts that cover the body have yet to be invented... just go to walmart and i promise you they're there :D

• T shirts, I'm sure some other tops could fit.
    Jeans and other pants that aren't overly tight.

• Just bigger clothes and they can and have done that

• I'm fat.

I just find a 2x shirt and rock that shit lol

• Maybe indeed not the most revealing clothes.
    But than I'm really speaking about people with much too much weight... not the girls who feel like 10 or 20 pounds overweight is like "fat" :o
    Those girls can wear anything as far as I'm concerned :D

• What is wrong with sweatpants and a t shirt? That's my usual get-up.

Whatever makes you look the best and not something that flaunts your flabs. No lie we do not want to see that

• Try loose clothes.

• Whatever the fuck they like. Society needs to cover up their ugliness way more than a larger person needs to cover their arms

• Whatever they damn well want.

• whatever you feel comfortable with. as long as you don't break any law or dressing guidelines for the job or other places, it's none of their business and you shouldn't care about what they think.

• Alright, well, I'm a guy for one but I'm also horribly overweight. I always wear shirts one size up and look for comfortable jeans.

Wear what you feel comfortable in. I've always thought jeans and a shirt always looks good on a curvy woman, but that's just me. :P You could also wear dresses if you really wanted

• To be honest i dont care what someone wears. Be your self and wear what you want.

• cardigans look nice on bigger people.

• Clothes

• Whatever coveres everything.

• The reason fat people should stay away from leggings is because it becomes way too revealing. We have a big girl in our school that sometimes wears leggings, and let's just say that everything is visible (everything!). I don't want to see a camel toe or underwear contours when I'm at school trying to study...

• Clothes.

• This sounds like more for women? I would think with all the clothing stores
    cause women's store outnumber men's clothing stores by what 5 to 1?
    i'm sure they could find something to wear that fits.

• trashbags

• I just find it easier to not be fat.

• Clothes? Just like everyone else...

• they should wear whatever they like to wear and dont give a shit about what other shitty people say

• Muu muu's.

• Garbage bags!

• Mostly sweatsuits

• I'm going to answer in general.

The vast majority of people look best in clothes that fit them well. Really revealing may not be ideal for those who don't look all that hot. Where that line is, is ambiguous. I'm in okay shape, but not in such good shape that i seize opportunities to walk around shirtless. For men there's sort of 'fit in a jacket; < 'fit in a shirt' < 'fit in a t-shirt' < 'fit shirtless'. I'm most often in the second last category :p

Anyway, its' common for overweight people to do one of two things: wear smaller clothing then their size (more common with women, and just highlights them looking fat) or wearing huge oversized clothes (common among both men and women, makes you look like jabba the hutt and doesn't fool anyone).

If your clothes fit you badly, you look like you're the 'wrong' size. If your clothes fit you well, you sort of look like you fit them, as well?

So that's the simplest answer. Wear clothes that fit.

Beyond that i'm not an expert on overweight women's dress tbh, but i would hazard a guess it's not so different from men, so i'll say what i'd suggest to men, and you can probably figure out how it would apply? Construction in garments is your friend. A t-shirt is actually something that tends to look like crap on people who aren't in good shape, because it doesn't provide much shape itself. An overweight guy is almost certainly gonna look better in a polo short with a collar than a t-shirt. A more formal 'trouser' will impose more shape on him then a sweatpant. You want clothing that kind of imposes some order. I'd guess for women, clothing that sort of imposes a 'waist', visually is gonna be a big plus.

• Moo moos. That is literally what they were made for.

• Just clothes that fit and or anything they want even if they look stupid. Freedom of choice

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 49

• Whatever the fuck they wanna wear! I've worn leggings, tank tops, and crop tops. Gone are the days when I have a fuck about what anyone else thought. I'll wear what I want. Don't like it? Don't fucking look.

• My thoughts:

If it fits and you like it then wear it.

• They can wear whatever the fuck they want. My only "rule" I would say is wear clothes that are sized properly for you and fit and flatter. That's it. Otherwise go to town.

• Clothes!

• Some people are just angry that fat people even exist at all because they are super judgmental and sick in the head and can't just leave people with weight issues alone. Then again as a skinny person I have people poke my ribs and tell me to eat a burger, If one stupid burger would make people stop teasing me about my weight I definitely would have tried that already...

• I don't want to see leggings as pants (unless they are covering their ass with a large tunic or shirt) on skinny or fat people, especially no crop tops, unless they wear like a tank top or cover their stomach. And as far showing arms? Eh. That's fine by me.

But, I'll never go up to anyone and tell them to cover up.
    People can be scandalous as they want lol

• Don't you know darling? Fat people aren't supposed to venture into the public eye, lest some fuckboy see them and be so disgusted he only fucks over one woman that day, instead of his usual 17.

• I do think there are common known rules that tell us what will make you look good depending on your body type. I do follow them because as a curvy girl, I feel way more confident when I wear clothes that fits me well. I can't wear the same clothes as a skinny girl.
    If some people don't want to follow those rules, it's their chose, they just have to not care about what people think of them. We all judge. I know I would know find it good but I wouldn't say it out loud.

• I think we should stop caring about what other people think. Shit flaunt that cellulite and flab, have more confidence than me lol

• What you want.

Wear
    What
    You
    Want.

There's no issue, just like anyone else.. just make sure it fits and you're set.

• Especially as it gets hot, wtf are people supposed to do to placate all those sensitive eyed a-holes. People should wear what they need to stay comfortable and what they like.

:)

• Fat people can wear whatever they want to wear. As long as it fits though. I don't mean that in a bad way, it's just that everything looks better when it's the correct size and you don't try to squish into it.

• I am fat and I wear whatever I feel like. I don't give a damn what people think. I wear leggings almost every day.

• I know there is too much fat hate, but in general, it isn't just overweight people who are told what to wear. The general rule is to wear what is flattering to your figure, your skin color, your age, and sometimes your gender or else be ready for some people to be jerks at random times.

• Leggings look good! Anything black looks slimming. Tall boots, sweater dresses with a belt... all look cute!

• Whatever they want to wear!

• whatever they want, clothes are meant to cover you no matter what size u are :/

• I was thinking about fashion rules a lot. There are many diverse opinions in what kind of clothes a person should wear. My solution is wear whatever makes you feel good about yourself, according to the occasion. I have many thoughts on the matter but I need to write a Take for that

• Whatever they want. It doesn't affect me or anyone

• I dont know why that sent so early.
      Anyways it doesn't affect anyone else and I have seen plus size girls rock leggings and crop tops.

• Whatever they want!

• They should wear whayev makes then comfortable

• Anything that a skinny girl can wear but bigger

• Wear whatever you want, and tell the people who shame you to go fuck themselves.

• They can wear whatever they want. What matters is that they're happy with what they're wearing.

• I fit in to this category and fuck all of you who want to make me feel bad i will wear what I want

• Jeans, shirts that fits them.
    For women, clothes they can fit, when people say that they are just being ignorant. They even have stores for women that's overweight and I don't see just sweatpants. I saw dresses, skirts, shorts, leggings, blouses, clothes a skinny girls would wear but is made for someone that is overweight.

• You should make sure the fabric just skims your skin. Not skin tight, but definitely not baggy.

• something that fits your body properly

• what ever they please aslong as its not an obese man in a speedo

• More from Girls
    19