My girlfriend wants to get piercings and I can't stand piercings, help?

My girlfriend wants to get facial piercings, she's only allowed to get her nose pierced but I think she wants her lip pierced and she wants her bellybutton pierced and maybe some other stuff.

She's going to get her nose pierced in the summer and is super super happy and excited and I've tried to be happy for her and stuff but I can't, I hate piercings so much and I think I'll find her less attractive. I want to tell her this but I don't know how to say it without it sounding like I'm telling her not to get the piercings. She is also wanting to dye her hair purple (ombre purple whatever that means) and I think I'll much much prefer her natural brown which is my favourite hair colour.

I just have no idea what to do. I don't want her to get the piercings because I'll find her less attractive but I also want her to do what she wants so I'm so confused :(

Just re-read the message, it's actually blue, purple and pink ombre 0.0

Most Helpful Girl

• That's rough...
    You sound like a nice person - it's sweet you think about her feelings as well as your own. I say you can let her know in a gentle way how you feel about piercings, but in the end you just might have to get used to it. I'm sure it'll be fine in the end.

• Yeah, I really hope it all works out :( I told her and she has seen the message around 5 minutes ago but hasn't replied :/

• What exactly did you say? How old are you two that she'd consider a piercing her 'dream'? O. o

It may not be in what you said, but in how you said it...

• Thank you. Good luck!

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 1

• Than don't dare her!

• But I love her, I'm not going to break up with her because of this

• You're not useful answering this question, do you honestly think I should break up with her? If you do that's stupid. I want help answering my question, you're not helping

• If you can't accept what she wants than your not worthy to be with her. Sorry I don't tell you a fairy tale!

What Guys Said 2

• You can tell her your thoughts on the matter, but ultimately it's her decision. I can't stand them either, just hate the look. But beyond telling your girlfriend that you aren't comfortable with her getting a piercing, your hands are tied.

• Yeah, that's what I've told her in a long fb message but she's out atm so I'll get a reply later :/ I'm just nervous she'll be angry or that she'll just instantly change her mind, which would put me in an even worse place because I'd get what I want but it shows she's a pushover, which I don't want as a girlfriend :/

• Have you talked about it with her very clearly?