What do you think of girls with septum piercings?

I recently got my septum pierced and noticed a huge change in how people treat me and perceive me.
For example I was on the tube (london subway) yesterday and a dog was looking at me, so I gave him my hand to smell and tried to pet it. The owner smiled at first, then as she looked up from my hand to my face, her expression changed. She seemed disturbed that I would want to touch her dog. This has never happened to me before.

Some people smile and wink, people with piercings give me an approving look. There's more attention and stares for sure, and not always in a good way. It's quite strange. To me it's just a piece of jewellery that looks cute and stylish.

What is your opinion on them?

one thing is for sure, this certainly is a controversial topic!
WTF can everyone stop inserting pictures of cows?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nothing wrong with em per se, i think they add a nice little edge. Here is the thing though, they work if you have sharp features, especially nose and jawline. On softer rounder faces they... just they don't work as well (imo).

Works
    patapatajewelry.com/.../...y-Pata-Pata-Jewelry.jpg

Doesn't work
    1.bp.blogspot.com/.../septum+piercing+(16).jpg

That being said, it's my opinion and the tube is full of all kinds of people, some of whom will take offense to such things. Don't worry about it.

• both of those are too big in my opinion but I see your point. Rounder features would suit a tiny little ring or small horseshoe.

• Thank you! Remember London's a big old town so you're bound to run in judgmental people, you keep doing what you want 👍.

What Guys Said 24

• They don't look cute or stylish. Just gross.

• I second that

• @atomique she asked you first

• I third this. Those piercings are probably my biggest turn off.

• Hot on those who pull it off. And people who put cow pics up are lame, there's a lot of tribes out there with septum piercings. Disrespecting their culture much? 😑

• just not a fan at all xD

• Huge turn off. Not only do they look incredibly stupid, like you've got snot dribbling out of your nose when seen from a distance, they're also a sure sign of a shameless fad follower.

c2.staticflickr.com/.../...589497_43756d2ed9_b.jpg

• I don't like it. Just look weird on a girl.

• No like. Look at it this way, when you see someone walking down the street with a big booger hanging out of their nose, do you think, hey, that looks cool and edgy.

• I don't like em

• Well if you want an honest opinion, I think it's unattractive, a turn off. But if it's something you like, who cares what other people think?

• eventually you'll gonna forget it's even pierced.. can argue that's the day it become part of you, or the day it becomes meaningless.

• I don't like them, personally, but facial piercings will always draw attention. It's the same for non-natural hair colours and just things that stand out in general. I make it a point not to treat someone differently just because of a piercing though so it's whatever. If you like it, that's fine.

• Ha ha ha ROFL those pics, you guys are assholes... and I love you for it. XD

But it depends on which ring you use, those open ones look silly the ones that look complete are better.

But if thats what you like who am I to judge.

• Septum piercings, along with dreadlocks... are my biggest two biggest turn-offs.

• Not into dat shit

• I think septum piercings can be hot. There's something submissive about them.

• I like them... but I'm picky

• I strongly dislike all kinds of piercings on both girls and guys. So I guess it's a subjective thing.

• Huge no-no for me

• i think they septums are really cute :3

• Cool! If my job didn't forbid it, I'd get piercings too

• trashy.

• I don't think they look good.

• Nothing good

• Some people are just bitter. Just ignore them and do you :)

• *vomits*
      Cmon dude, quit kissing ass and give an opinion.

• Well i really like septum piercings on girls.

What Girls Said 12

• Personally don't really like the look of horse shoe/ half ring septum on a lot of people, but others I love, a normal small ring or more elaborate/Indian looking ones. I do have faux rings which I only wear on special occasions like festivals and concerts, doesn't otherwise really go with the look I normally wear.

• I personally prefer other piercings to septums, but I still think they can look super cute on the right people! It also depends on the ring that you're using, some of them are gorgeous and some of them are just... ugh. Like any piercings lol

I certainly wouldn't change in my attitude towards you. I think you'll probably find most disapproving stares come from older people that aren't used to piercings in general

• If they're young - I always think they're trying to stereotype themselves, label themselves or prove they're 'cool', if they're older and into fashion, then I think they're just trying to be fashionable.
    If they look natural with it and you can tell they just like it no matter what anyone else thinks - and that liking isn't initiated by fashion standards today - then I wouldn't think much of it at all - just them being themselves.

• I love septum piercings although I've seen them on some people who really couldn't pull them off which as a result didn't look too great, but generally they're cool!
    I always wanted to get one but always ended up resorting to the fake version because I'm too much of a coward lol

• I was so scared when I went to get mine done. I turned back and went home the first time. The second time, the piercer wasn't available at my local parlour. Then finally the third time I was in camden and thought there will literally be no better time to get it. So I just went in one of the shops and did it. it felt like someone was plucking a nose hair. Really quick and not painful. 3/10 on a pain scale. It's super easy to hide it too. You should get it if you like them.

• @orphan If I liked that type of piercing I would still wear it nevertheless.

• what better way to find out if you like before getting it.

• I don't think they look good on anyone. They remind me of those rings farmers put through the septums of cattle.

I'm not weirded out by people who have septum piercings but I don't think they're attractive.

• It wouldn't weird me out seeing someone else that has that one.

I wouldn't get that piercing myself, I'm 100% happy with my 2 upper lip piercing. ^^

• I think they look good on certain people. I can't pull them off and I've seen some people that look bad with them, but I also know people who look amazing in them. Piercings aren't everyone's cup of tea. Some people will be bothered by them no matter how good they look on you.

• If you're happy, that's all that matters. Fuck what other people think.

• I think they're pretty cool!

• Who cares what she thought? You got the dog's attention!😊

• Hideous.