What kind of string shall I use to make a friendship bracelet?

I was going to have a go at doing this:
But I don't have a purple bracelet, so I'm going to make one :)
I have wool but I hate the texture of wool in my fingers so it will be torture for me to make it out of wool. I don't have any embroidery thread so I can't use that, I do have some cotton though so maybe I could try that but I think it will be too thin.
Any thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• It might take forever but you could try platting the cotton to make it thick like embroidery thread, I do it if I need a surtain colour and I dont have time to go out shopping for it.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• You can just go to Michael's and get something really cheap! Aren't cotton threads super thin? won't you have to circle it around a million times?

• I'm just impatiant and want to make it now ha ha. And yeah your right it will be more hassle then its worth.

• Oh, hahahaha. Well I know the thing says purple, but if you have any other thicker threads at home I think you can just use it. It's the idea right?

• I think it only has to be purple because its supost to be a calming colour or something, I could always use black and white insteid :)

• The stretchy one