Victoria's secret models - just right or too thin?

people (at least women whom i have spoken with or read opinions of) typically refer to victoria's secret angels as healthier models who have ideal bodies and aren't just meant to act as a walking clothes hanger as tends to be the purpose of other models. so what are your thoughts? just right or too thin?

• too thin
  • they look great but they're still not healthy
  • just right/ideal
  • they look amazing omg i want to look like that so bad!! *sob*
  • too fat (i think you're wrong if you pick this but ok lol)

Most Helpful Guy

• Staying thin and trim is part of their job, but they are not only not dangerously thin, they are not allowed to be.
    VS models are expected to have curves, because you can't model underwear without them. They are expected to be lively, energetic, flirty, and happy during the shows (as opposed to the stone faced walking manikins in other shows).
    They have fairly healthy appetites. Have you ever seen Gigi Hadid in the kitchen? She moves and works like a chef. It was incredible. People who starve themselves don't know how to cook like that.
    Have you ever seem Adriana Lima's workout routine? She does boxing for several hours a week, even when not preparing for shows. That not only takes a lot of energy, but it does more to keep the body in shape than starving yourself does!

Yes, no doubt, there are some VS models who are too thin. But in general? They seem to just have great work ethic and put a lot of concentrated effort into maintaining themselves for their job, rather than a heroine needle or cocaine, and starving themselves, like the typical runway model looks like she does.

• In gneral they have all BMIs that are underweight.

Gigi Hadid, according to herself, starves herself before shows and then binges afterwards. So I'm guessing she knows how to cook from that, or from when she was child, or someone just told her what to do for a staged video.
      But starving and binging, that's called bulimia. And it's NOT healthy.

Adriana Lima, ya she boxes a lot. She also made headlines a few years back because she doesn't eat for week leading up to the show and doesn't drink the day before. So tell me again how that is healthy?
      She also said she is struggling to be that thin

So overall I'd say you have no idea what's going on and I think it's quite concerning that you stand up and claim that clearly unhealthy habits are perfectly healthy.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 13

• Depends on the model. There was one who had a great body but on average they are too tall and too skinny for my preference. They have great faces tho.

For bodies, ideal would be 5'6 with a body fat % that is greater than a VS model but lower than what the average girl has.

• They're slim but look at Ale, she's a active mother of two young kids and does all the globetrotting VS stuff. You have to be pretty healthy ti keep that kind of schedule up.

• I prefer them shorter and with a little bit more meat, more toned.
    But they do look better than most women.

• They're too tall, IMHO.

I think some of the best bodies are to be found on actors and porn stars.

• The only look like that because they water cut before a walk. Their look is not realistic and they are not healthy at all, have you seen their documentaries when it off season? I'm 6'5ft I'll break ever single model on that runway lol, I'm not attracted to them but give me a hourglass and or a pear shaped woman anyway!

• exactly, Adriana Lima made headlines with that a few years ago.
      I think it's quite concerning how many guys don't realize that and expect girls to look like that

• @nalaa a lot of people still don't realize when fighter weigh in, they're drained of a lot of water. I've seen a few of my friends cut 10 pounds of water from the night before their fight. It is not healthy and shouldn't be influenced to do so. I know a home girl that'll water cut 2-4 pound before a date smh.

• That's exactly what lima said "sometimes you can drop 8 lbs just from that" - ya no kidding, but is it healthy? -- No
      I used to compete in a sport that had weight categories and it screws you up. Not drinking or sweating out before the weigh in. Not eating the week before, I've done all that and it's terrible for your body. And it's not healthy by any means. And athletes will then drink 2 litres and eat a lot of carbs so they can somehow get through the competition

• Way too thin and totally not healthy at all

• I wanna know the 6 homos who aren't into Victoria secret models 😂

• Defiantly quite sexy

• Some are just right while some are too thin.

• I think they're probably healthy. But they're not representative of healthy bodies.

• healthly models or the ideal model.. but they are not the typical woman.

• They're healthy but they're not all hot. They're all different though, like normal people...

• of course, i didn't mean if they're all hot, i meant their body type. they all have very similar shapes and measurements.

• fair. you are a karlie kloss fan though huh? haha :p

• haha ya I tried to find a pic of her that wasn't likely to be messed with, i. e. no covers

She looks so graceful when jogging.

I think a lot of cases, these girls are so tall that they look odd. It's not all about the girls anyway. It's about the art of modelling.

• Not for me lol :) xxxx

What Girls Said 10

• They are clearly and obviously too thin and according to their own accounts, many are struggling with their weight.

So I don't see how that's even a question and it concerns me that over 1/3 of people think they are perfectly healthy

• Most of them are too skinny for my tastes but meh, I know lots of people like them.

• they're all good sizes and look healthy. people come in different shapes and sizes. people need to stop. hating on skinny females.

• They are most likely unhealthly.

Kylie Bisutti (former VS model), said she went on crash cleanses and starvation diets in order to be the right size for runway shows. She also claimed that those behaviors are common practice among models.

• too thin in my opinion

• I'm a thick girl and I have no hate for the VS models. I think they are pretty and I see nothing wrong with their bodies

• If you ve seen them in real life, they are too thin and not of normal weight.

• I'm so tired of these things. Have you ever stopped to think that they are naturally that thin? Some people are. This was the kind of assumption that depressed me when I was 14... and it is still affecting me to this day...

• the assumption that people are naturally thin or the assumption that they aren't? i mean sure, some people are naturally thin and naturally skinny but i think the vs models are more fit - they wouldn't look the way they do without special diet plans and personal trainers and tons of exercise.

• But I get that some of them aren't eating right, but some of them might actually are eating right, they probably have fast metabolisms. I see your point though.

• ohh gotcha. sorry, didn't mean to offend you! i know some people are just naturally very thin. but i also know EDs run rampant in the modeling industry. this was most definitely not meant to be a jab at skinny girls. i'm sorry if it came off that way.

• They're just like any other model but they have fake boobs. So yeah, there's your answer.

• I think they look good