Would this disappoint my boyfriend for his birthday?

For his birthday I said he could pick out my outfit, anything he wants, and we will go out for dinner and drinks.

He picked the exact outfit I wore on our first date. It was such a cute idea that I said yes, and he was so happy. The problem I just realized, was that our first date was in winter and now it's a little too warm for that outfit. I know he loves the outfit, and he kept saying how cute I was in those layers. What would you do?

PS. Here is the outfit:

Sorry if this sounds silly, but it's really important to me!

• Just wear it, it's a sweet and thoughtful gift he will appreciate
  • Forget it, wear something else, comfort is more important

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know how hot it is but I live in the southern part of the U. S. and it is getting quite hot here. I would wear it but I would switch up some things. I wouldn't wear the black turtleneck underneath, and would pick either the cardigan or the coat but not both, would probably change out the boots and may or may not wear the gloves. Or perhaps I would just wear the turtleneck, the red dress, the tights, and that's it.

• Thanks for your advice! I think though, that if I'm going to change out the layers, I might as well just wear something else. During out first date, he kept making fun of me for wearing so many, and I think it will be just super cute if he sees me wearing them again. I know he will like it.. but you are right it's getting quite hot... it's not crazy hot in the evenings though.. what do you think?

• Thanks so much for your support! Ok, honestly, from your personal view point, what would be the warmest possible temp you would consider wearing it for your boyfriend?

• Hmm. I'm really small so I'm always layering anyway because I'm always cold. I'd say the highest temp. I'd be ok with would be 70ish. At that point you'd probably feel like it's 80+ and that's a reasonable temp. for me. I've also lived in the south my whole life so 80 is fantastic weather down here.

What Guys Said 8

• Explain that it's sweet for him to choose that same outfit but it's too warm and you don't wanna be all sweaty. Please select a different outfit or lower the amount of layers.

• Invite him to your apartment for dinner, set the thermostat to 65 degrees, wear the outfit, get him tipsy, and then jump on his bones like a starving woman jumping on fried chicken!

• guys don't always think of those things.
    just let him know you would be really hot.. and not in the good way..

• Well when you said he could pick out your outfit he had to understand that it didn't mean something out of season. So no, you shouldn't dress up in winter layers that are gonna make you miserable. If he's not an idiot he should understand that.

• Just explain to him that you will end up like a sweater betty if you wear winter outfit in the summer.

• I got a $15 meal for my birthday and I felt cheated cause their was a promise of drinks that I never got nor any sex I was disappointed lol I now expect nothing cause then I won't be disappointed anymore

• i think he was fuckin with you or is a bit slow on the whole its hot as hell in the summer

• talk to him. explain that it'll be hot, and ask that he picks something cooler.

What Girls Said 11

• Just wear it, BUT bring a change of clothes or wear something underneath that you can take off and be in after he sees you in it.

• Hmm that's a good idea! I don't think I want to wear any more layers underneath though, 3 sweaters is enough! lol...

• oh... well you can still wear it but carry the coat on your arm and stay in a cool place
    or he might feel sad and think you don't like the gift

• Yep the coat will come off right as soon as we get into the restaurant... but do you think those other layers will be too warm once inside? I know he will find it really sweet...

• hmmm you can still try and wear it

• Why don't you cut out some layers and wear the rest with a different pair of shoes?
    You could still wear the red dress with that coat, maybe paired with ballet flats.

• I think the whole point was the layers. On our first date he kinda made fun of me for wearing so many, and I think if I was going to cut out some layers, I might as well just wear something else. Do you think it really would be too warm?

• I think in the evening it won't be more than 20C! Think I can pull it off?

• Hmm I would leave either the turtle neck or the cardigan but if you insist you can always wear it in it's whole, original form and if you get too hot, remove one or two of the layers later. That's the good thing about layers haha

• "B" is Better, BUT...
    "A" for Allow me to Interject More in Store... Consult with him Sweetly and Explain how you Feel so it doesn't become a Big Deal When... Comfort is more important that special night so you both can have an enjoyable dinner In... Comfort.
    Good luck and Birthday wisdhes to your SO. xx

• lol.. In fact, Yesterday I put all of winter jackets Way in the back of the closet for awhile. xxoo

• wear the outfit but loose some layers, the undershirt gotta go, you can get away with just carrying the jacket and leaving the gloves in the pockets

• It it's too hot I would wear it without the turtle neck and leggings/ tights. On a more important note - the coat is beautiful. Where is it from?

• Thanks! In your opinion, what would be the warmest temperature you'd wear the whole outfit? And I actually bought it online, but I can't find it anymore!

• Depends on how you feel and your temperature. For me it's a pure winter outfit. So it needs to be cold (December weather) to wear it,

• lool : D

Just wear it.

• Yea it'll be real sweet when you're siting there in your winter clothes, sweating your ass off like an idiot.

• I'm sure it wouldn't really disappoint him. If you think it would, perhaps lose some layers, like only wear the red shirt and the cardigan or get a short sleeved red shirt with the cardigan.

• Wear it but just remove some of the layers.