My question is when wearing a garter belt to hold up your stockings do you wear your panties under or over the garter?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is supposed to go under but I like it if it's worn over. Then you can pull them off and have sex while she's still wearing garter and stockings. Hot.

Most Helpful Girl

• i think the proper and better looking way is garter over your panties but then you can't take off your panties in the moment so for practicality, wearing them over makes more sense. So if you are just modelling them garter over but if you know you'll want to easily take off your undies then garter under

What Guys Said 5

• It's always knickers under suspenders. I know it's a nuisance, but that's the right way.

• Over the garter belt, this way panties come down, stocking stay up :D we guys die of bliss and happiness :)

• Definitely under.

Or maybe I've been wearing mine wrong.

• Check me off as a follower

• Yeah that's true. Maybe the belt can be worn low enough that panties can go over it without messing up the suspenders. Or maybe the belt can go high enough that you can take the panties down far enough to get your business done. They should be able to come down to the point where the suspenders attach to the stockings.

If having the panties on top works for you and makes better sense, definitely go for it.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 15

• I mean, ok, let's be serious, it's 2016... no one wears open-bottom girdles or garterbelts for functional reasons anymore.

If I'm wearing one of these, this means I'm on a date night with my husband, and I've decided to go full-on "retro" -- usually to go with some speakeasy theme (there are a few AWESOME Roaring '20's-themed speakeasy bars here in LA... a couple of which are authentic holdovers from the Prohibition era).

So... Panties?

Ahahhahaha.

Nope.

I wears mah garters, and I wears the rest of mah foundation garments... and I goes commando. Sittin' like a lady.
    The fact that there's nothin' at all underneath that garterbelt? Well, that's just our little secret. <3 And it's fun af to tease my husband all night by crossing and uncrossing my legs under the table. Among other things.

I mean, srsly tho. If yr wearing one of these things, it MUST be part of sexytimes, right? Don't bother with the panties.

• I always wear them over the garter belt and straps. It makes life a whole lot easier when going to the bathroom or ease of access for "other things", too!

• Definitely goes under.

• never wore one but i guess it goes under it

• Under.

• Under, the belt would do weird stuff to your panties as far as keeping them in place, especially if you did a lot of sitting and standing. And it would just plain look weird.

• am confused, why would you wear a suspender belt with hold ups.

if you mean normal stockings, I wear panties on top of the suspender belt otherwise I have a problem when going to the toilet.

I tend to wear tights or bare legged tho x

• Under. Garter belts can be a pain though.

• Under.

• usually under

• under. but there is also the option where the 2 are made as one!

• I wear my under the garter

• Always under it

• You know what... I have no idea

• under