I don't wanna change my boyfriend but he dresses horribly. What can I do about this? He won't take indirect fashion advice from me?

So my boyfriend and I have been together for about 5 months. I was aware that he had a horrible taste in clothes from the start but I liked his attitude and personality so I just thought I'd ignore it for a while and maybe later try to help him pick up stuff.
The other day I introduced him to my parents. He showed up in a terribly worn and faded black shirt which was too short for him. With sleeves so short they ended halfway on his forearms. On top of that it was wrinkled... My mom asked me if he always dressed like that. It was so embarrassing. Later I asked him if he'd maybe buy a few well fitting t-shirts now that it's getting warmer instead of button up shirts and he was like no I'm fine...
He doesn't have any financial problems so that's not the matter. He just doesn't care... What can I do? His clothes are so bad it's ridiculous...
His birthday is in July so I can't get him any gifts till then...

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 2

• Just tell him his fashion style is horrible and pick out clothes that are good lol. If he won't take indirect advice just give him direct advice. I know personally I don't care what I dress like but if I had a girlfriend that did I wouldn't mind if she just chose clothes for me to wear. If anything it would take the trouble out of me choosing stuff for myself haha

• You can totally get him gifts before his birthday. You can tell him that even if he doesn't care how he looks, you do. You aren't even trying to change his style, just asking him to wear clothes that fit. I think this is totally reasonable, and he should just do it. You might to sell it with "You look fine but you could be amazing"

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe you can try buying him clothes from time to time. Or you could also try telling him "I think this would look great on you!" whenever you see something that might be looking good on him.