Are snakebites allowed in a hospital workplace?

I'm thinking of getting snakebite piercings and I was wondering if hospitals allow snakebite piercings or facial piercings in general to be visible while working? I'm thinking it probably varies by hospital or other medical institution.

I'm going to be a Respiratory Therapist. I still have 2 years of schooling which I'm starting in the fall. But I'd like to know now because I'd get the snakebites done during the summer...

Most Helpful Guy

• My understanding that they can be removed and temporary silicon plugs which are not to visible put in place temporarily.

What Guys Said 4

• Most hospitals do not allow facial piercings, fake nails, large ear rings; basically, no jewlery, nothing hanging or loose on the body that could fall off of you during work.

• Speaking as one who works in Nursing Staff Development... probably better to not get them. It varies from hospital to hospital, but most frown upon piercings that are too "alternative". You can have a lot of fun with other piercings and tats, though. I once worked with a nurse who looked so sweet and innocent - she had only her ears pierced. But get her out of her scrubs and - holy crap! - everything -and I mean EVERYTHING else was pierced and inked. It was so friggin hot... whenever I worked with her, I'd have to take an extended bathroom break to help me concentrate.

• When an ex of mine was going to school for nursing, piercings like that were not allowed. That was in Mesa, Arizona though, it may vary place to place. I imagine rules as such would be rather similar for the reasons they are in place though.

• get snake bites when you start working get rid of them..there just a fad. In california hospitals that's a no on snake bites.

What Girls Said 1

• Your state I'm betting is very conservative. Now I live in New York City and NYC doesn't allow piercings or tattoos of any kind in hospitals and I can only imagine what are the rules for the states that are conservative - and trust me NY is full of weird people! Oh and nice to meet you - I'm going for Respiratory Therapy too but leaning more towards Physician Assistant in Respiratory or Cardiology! But seriously I wouldn't recommend piercings on your face of any kind - they like technicians actually engineers to be good, cut-clean little blessed saints so try to hold off on that! Good Luck!