Your thoughts about this?

Your thoughts about this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I saw this exact quote way back in my sophomore year of high school and used it for my standardized writing test. I argued there are many forms of beauty not just tall and skinny. I passed the test so I think I did good.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its misleading because runway models aren't chosen based on beauty or attraction. They are chosen to be living coat hangers to display a bunch of eccentric designers new creations.

What Girls Said 7

• I think that quote is very true, at least for society's and modeling standards I personally do not find the ribs and knee and all that bones attractive. If I can grab your bone from the skin it seems kind of scary but there are some people who just are that skinny. They can't help it it's the body they are born with. However when a model purposely starves herself. No, I don't think that's good at all. Beauty should be natural

• Well the animal parts are usually dismantled if you're saying its abusive , whereas that woman is one piece

• Only fashion designers find this attractive and woman are deluded into trying to copy it. I never heard a guy say 'Mmm, look at the bones on that'.

• It's true.

• Sad but true. And I think this is beauty! );

• Depends on how much hip, collar, and rips are showing.

• I think as long as a woman eats healthy and doesn't exercise too much, her body is beautiful too. Same as a woman who is plus sized. I don't think starving is attractive.

What Guys Said 4

• It depends on just how skinny the woman is. At my university there was this really skinny young woman and she made so many trips to the toilet it made me think she was making herself sick and that made me feel sad for her.

• I agree. I think that for a model to really be a "model", she would have to be of at least an average body type; average height, skin tone, weight, all that stuff.

I REALLY think that the fashion industry would do well to make said models look "beautiful" rather than "hot", "sexy", "seductive", etc. I say this because I'm working on a myTake right now and Googled "beautiful woman". When I first punched that in, I came across numerous images of women in skin-tight/revealing dresses, lingerie, and bikinis in seductive poses and I just thought "really? THIS is what they define as 'beauty'?" I eventually found what I was looking for when I searched "happy woman".

Disclaimer: I did just search "beautiful woman" on Google and I found a little bit more of what I was originally looking for, but still felt that many images missed the mark.

• Wellll most anmials have different bone structures and fur so seeing their collarbones or ribs would be much more worrying, but having said that, since when was being able to see someone's ribs a sign of attractiveness?

• This is simply because animals are powerless over there environment which invoke a feeling of pity. As women are not, thus the feeling of pity is not invoked.