Why don't most people care about most things most of the time?

Most Helpful Guy

• The better question is how much information can a human process without being required to block out most of it?

It isn't that many suffer from indifference so much as they suffer from interference. There is simply too much, too fast to care about and too many, too loud to hear everyone out.

• They can process more than they care to, I believe.

• No, I wasn't suggesting that it's done consciously. But, subconsciously, that's what they're doing. The things they care most about tend to be trivial.

I see, but doesn't this analogy kind of prove that people could handle more than they are willing to. They could look through more bottles of ketchup, but they choose not to because it's easier. Then there is the fact that most have basically figured out the type of ketchup they prefer beforehand. As for the text, I'm trying to say that they don't open it up to begin with.

Regardless, I understand what you're saying, and I agree... to a degree.

• I'd go on about mental prioritizing but i need to lay low. So instead i think you're completely right!

What Guys Said 4

• Most are caught up in there own lives. I often forget about holiday breaks, other special days, and even the weather because I'm focused on x, y, and z.

• Because most humans are incapable of handling a vast amount of information at any singular moment in time.

• Because most things suck.

• Because they are too occupied during their daily routine

What Girls Said 3

• because most of the time it has no meaning.

• maybe because they think life is too short to care about every little things

• Because caring about most things can end up breaking your heart. It's a self-defense mechanism.