Girls, Do skin care routines really make a difference?

I've never done skin care stuff myself, but almost everyone I know does at least some form of it. I was just wondering if there's a reason to do it if you don't have acne or discoloration. Has anyone seen noticeable difference if you already have clearish skin?

After some research, the only skin care that makes sense to me is probiotics. I'm gonna try to diversify my dermal microbial communities with non soap cleansers and AO+ sprays. Having a lot of happy, good bacteria will push out ones that are pathogenic.

Take care of your microbiome!

14

Most Helpful Girl

• Ph neutral cleansers , sun protction , diet, probiotics, a multivitamin to boost your levels , fluid intake and exercising
    All contribute to great skin and skin care. Yes there a a point where your skin can be "too clean" so just keep note of any changes of the dryness or oiliness of your skin with thess changes.. if you dry up to ease back on the washing.. if you are too oily ease back on the moisturiser and use a very mild night cleanser having a diet rich in iron will do wonders too

What Girls Said 13

• Yes I do, but I also think that drinking a ton of water really takes care of your skin. Its good for your skin in general

• I started using aveenos face wash and noticed that my acne got better. I also don't wear make up because it's not really good for your skin. What matters most is not what you put on it but what you put into your body. Like probiotics and a lot of other vitamins will really help with acne. Drinking plenty of water also really helps.
    I don't take vitamins but I try to drink a lot of water and I use my face wash and then for moisturizer I use aloe Vera gel because it's not greasy and can also help with acne and burns.

• yes with make-up!

• This is like asking if washing your face every day makes a difference

• Sure I can understand that similar to needing to wash your body everyday. But an entire routine with toner and moisturizer and whatever else, is there a reason to do it if you don't have bad skin?

• Not particularly, maybe pores but it's not something I feel like I have to fix to be comfortable

• Then just keep doing what you're doing.

• Absolutely x 100000000 but not without a great diet and daily exercise.

Oil pulling also works :)

• If you choose the right treatment for you skin type, then yes, it can make a big difference. Don't go choose something made for oily skin if you have dry skin, or something that exfoliates 100% if you have soft skin. This could lead to acne, scarring, and rashes

• You are lucky lol. You don't need to experiment much, so save your money. What cleanser do you use now? Do you moisturize? Definitely do invest in good sun protection though. Single best method to prevent aging of skin. Also drink plenty of water.

• It's a combination of what you eat and Excercise

• Of freaking course it does.

• So it helps if you have acne and dry skin, but if you don't is there really something that needs to be treated?

• What I just mentionned lmao. You're not obliged to have a skin care routine if your skin is perfect.

• yes it changes the way your make up goes and your skin texture and makes it your skin all glowing and smooth honestly waking up is the best feeling your skin so smooth and clear

• YES!!! I am a firm advocate for skin care! I rarely us makeup and I do not have acne. I started when I was 12 years old with simple things such as washing/moisturizing, but now I have gotten into other stuff. At 12 years old I have super clear skin, but having a skin routine made all the difference.

• They do:) Im not the type to use them everyday, but i did for a few weeks and it really made a difference in my skin complexion. I used a mask every night, it really cleared my blackheads.

• I have acne and sensitive skin. I've just switched to this neutrogena facial cleanser and mosturizer and exfoliator by a dif brand , its supposed to be good because it's fragrance free and extra gentle yet i broke out even more like with all the other cleanser i've used. So i stopped for a bit , used just water for a week on my skin and my acne has been better , no new breakouts. I think i'm gonna give up on cleansers/exfoliators all together and mosturizers. So no, i think it makes it worse if you have sensitive and acne prone skin, unless you're talking about all natural face masks which are lovely!

• Have you tried Cetaphil? I see them even recommend this to cancer patients with sensitive skin. Also, Avene Thermal Spring water spray is heavenly soothing.

• @popsickle i'm losing hope lol. Cetaphil made me break out more and made my face itchy swollen and red :( my sister has one of those thermal spring water spray but i'm too scared to try it out.