Do you ever dress nicer than usual for just because?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Ahahahhah

My 8-year-old is VERY perceptive. She’s also … very blunt. (Wonder where she gets that from, hmm.)

In any case, there’s two different observations that she makes: (1) “mom you must be kinda tired/sleepy”, (2) “mom you must be kinda sick/not feeling very well”.

#1 is when she notices that I’m putting on a little more under-eye concealer, or that my face just looks a little more … puffy, or that I’m slurring words or switching consonants a bit (I was a BAD stutterer as a little girl, and it comes back when I’m tired/fatigued/out of sorts), or …that I’m just not as much of a #spazgirl as normal. Ok, fair enough.

But then there’s #2.

#2 is when I get dressed just a little nicer than the norm. Just a little more fancy, with just a little more … care and attention to detail. Mb it’s a more statement-y statement necklace, mb it’s a more dazzlingly neon jacket on top of a black dress instead of the usual primary-colored one I was gna wear. But it’s … something extra.
    I can literally put on a whole new layer of “feeling good”, to counteract sickness, stress, and even personal and family tragedy.

And the crazy thing is, it WORKS.

And the even crazier thing is, my daughter notices these kinds of subtle accents.
    And she’s eight.

What Guys Said 6

What Girls Said 15

• YASSS!! Its fun and it boosts your mood... Can't leave the house as I am in it.. I mean u could but why would I want to? 😂😂 jk it depends on the day sometimes I like to go out dressed nicer but others here comes ugly Betty... Sorry for bad English 😂😂😂😂

• Yes its always fun!

• Yep. Some days I wanna look good just for me.

• Yes, I do have those times when I do. I dunno, sometimes I just like to look nice.

• it depends on my mood

• I always dress up when going to work everyday. But there will be days where I'm just like fuuuuck it. XD. But most the time I'll get dressy with it

• I love to dress nice :)

• Despite getting clothes foc, I dress down, much more often than I dress up to avoid more unwanted attention.

• Yes, sometimes I do it for me. To give myself that fresh start feeling and confidence boost. It works!

• yes...

• Yeah mostly cause I'm bored and
    I feel like it. Ha ha

• Yes lol

• Yeah, sometimes when i'm feeling putting on a dress or something...

• yeah if i haven't in a while i would or if i have a lot of time

• Sure, it's something I love to do.