Bra strap showing?

Do you think it is tacky when a girl wears a tank top and you can see her bra strap showing? I avoid wearing tank tops for this reason. I would love to wear them but my breasts are way to big to go braless. Is it any better with those clear straps?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

What Guys Said 16

• 16d

It is tacky.

• its OK as long as they coordinate well with the top. Most of the time I will just consider it as part of a girl's look and not think much else, occasionally it may look tacky if its a bad bra. I think clear straps aren't a good idea, girls seem to think they invisible, they not.

• The clear straps are kinda weird... seeing a bra strap isn't really a big deal. Seeing a bra strap isn't going to make me think differently of a woman.

• Forget the clear straps ; I'll tell you why...There is nothing more sexy than to watch a woman adjust her bra straps back behind her tank top. Keep wearing tank tops.

• it doesn't look bad, I personally think it's pretty sexy

• it doesn't bother us guys at all but if your worried why don't you wear a sports bra instead, its different not noticable like a bra strap

• I usually don't even notice when the bra strap is showing.

• It doesn't bother me

• its not tacky at all. and I think regular looks better than clear if its going to ever be showing.

• I am a guy who wears bras... my solution to the tank top / cami top without having my straps show was to find one with a shelf bra (built in).

• Ehhh, if that works for you go for it, but I personally find that the built in bras make my boobs look weird, and they're only a cups. not as good for large breasts, either.

• Tacky? I would say sexy.

• I think you got a lot of good advice below. Basically, girls wear tank tops and bras, so people can usually see the bra straps. You will be in good company, and it is not tacky. I agree that for guys it is always a little hot to get a little glimpse of underwear.I really don't like the clear plastic bra straps - I don't know why - maybe it is because it is clear plastic and I can see them anyway? Dan

• Neither I, or any other guy I know cares about that one way or another. I mean, basically all girls wear bras, and tons of girls like tank tops, so its not uncommon that they show.This won't bother a guy in the least bit. I hardly even notice it

• As long as your not going to church or a formal dinner, I don't see anything wrong with it. I agree its pretty sexy :P

• I don't think it's a big deal either. If you're really worried about it, wear one of those tank tops with slightly thicker straps, so you can hide the bra strap underneath it. That way, it won't show. :D But I personally don't think it's that important.

• Actually, I think it's kind of hot. It's always nice to get a glimpse of a girl's underwear.

What Girls Said 12

• I'd go with clear straps if anything or at least have your straps match your tank top. In my opinion I think its a little tacky for random color straps to hang out; it can ruin a whole cutely planned outfit.

• i don't think there is anything bad about wearing tank tops with a bra, as long as they are clean and not soiled that is so tacky, I have seen that before. but be carefull when and where you go. because a lot of guys get turned on by it. I had one good experience as I was at a dr office and a cute dr was examining me next thing I know he he kissed mine on my back.we dated after that for years. dress comfortable and to your style

• It's fine, people understand how it is for women with large breasts. Just don't let the whole bra or too much cleavage hangout.

• I don't think it's tacky... I actually think it looks good... :)

• i wear it like taht

• I don't think it's tacky or anything, I think it's fine, as long as it's appropraiate for the setting. And clear straps are kind of pointless because you still see them...

• wear the bra and the tank top! I'd stay away from the clear straps though, especially since you have large breasts. they stick to you even when it's not hot out and are just uncomfortable and weird looking. and it's a strain, and they leave really ugly red marks. if you really don't want your bra straps showing, there's also those strap perfect thingies they show on tv. I had some and they're really awesome! they turn any bra into a racerback and give you more support too.

• A lot of people have differing opinions on this, but let's face it, for a woman, it's a fact of life having to wear bras. And if you like tank tops, why should you feel insecure about whether or not your bra strap shows? Like you, braless isn't an option for me, but I tend to wear at least two tank tops (one thicker strapped, and one "spaghetti" strapped) over a black strapped bra, and nobody's made a comment about it. Even with the dress code of my job (no tank tops with straps less than 2 inches), because my "spaghetti" strapped tank tops are generally black, and most of my bras are black strapped anyway, nobody's noticed, and if they have, they haven't said anything.As for clear bra straps, I've never tried them, but I can only imagine that plastic is going to get uncomfortable in the heat and sun.Hope this helps.

• yeah it looks tacky to me

• either you wear the strapless bras which I do or you have the clear strap bras that go with everything. I don't like it either but if at least they have the same color bra as the tank top, that is at least an attempt to make it work. if they're different colors, yes it's tacky

• That happens to me all the time, not on purpose though. So, I usually wear either the strapless bra or racerback so that the straps won't show

• I'd say do whatever you want with your own appearance. If people think bra-straps are tacky they are just stupid. They don't like themselves so they try to seek distraction in criticizing others for doing things that are none of their business.I don't go without a bra either, because when I do that for day my breasts start to sting and I don't like that. I do like wearing tank tops in the summer, so I just put them over a bra. It is my body after all and I have had it up to here with the fashion police. Just a bunch of idiots who are trying to make people's decisions for them and try to squeeze as much money out of us as they can.If you want to wear a bra and tank-top, I'd say go for it.