Are women more ugly than men since men don't have to wear make up?

Updates:
You girls saying men wear make up are just avoiding answering the question.

0|0
24|16

Most Helpful Guy

• No, but they certainly are more self-conscious, lol. After all, they don't HAVE to wear makeup, they just think they are more attractive if you see less of them. I'd say this tendency correlates with low self-esteem.

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 15

• Lol'd at comments. Both sides so politically correct, deluded and dumb :D

Majority of men generally (although there are rare exceptions) care less how they look and especially what others think about their looks, hence they just don't find it necessary to wear make up.

Females of nearly all species always try to go for "alpha", the one that's stronger. Strength between humans can be measured by either physical strength, social status, wealth or some specific talent (that can be either some kind of achievements in sports/music/art/whatever or by just outright being able to make a girl laugh), but unlikely for good looks alone.

Men on primal level can feel that, therefore they acknowledge that good looks are on the bottom level of importance when it comes down to acquiring a mate.

You could say "well, guys work out to get a good body!", but that's slightly different that wearing make up, as well-built body has practical uses (health, physical strength, ways to release stress/anger etc.), while make up is just a quick and temporary way of looking better.

While girls have extremely limited options when it comes down to ways of acquiring a guy other than good looks.
    Do you know some guy that went for some specific girl because she's smart or talented, but looks range from ugly to mediocre?
    Yeah, I thought so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, it's just society that finds it normal that women wear make up and men don't
    Also, there's a lot of women who wear make up, but don't need it

2|1
    0|0
  • No women wear makeup to outdo other women. They want ; be the one that is picked by the best guys out there. Women look fine without makeup. How did the human race survive centuries without the use of makeup?

Women are not uglier than men , it's all the same

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that since men grow up surrounded by stunning women with makeup, they are conditioned to have sky-high standards.

Because of this, girls no longer seem attractive enough without it on.

But women on the other hand see natural men all around them. In fact, its VERY VERY rare for them to ever even see a man with makeup on. Therefore the bar is set a lot lower.

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of women don't wear make up

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a societal thing. Women have historically been told how they should look etc. Women dont need to wear make up, most women are incredibly beautiful without it!

1|0
    0|0
  • Women don't NEED to wear make up, most just choose to.

0|0
    0|0
  • No they are not, it is a throw back from times when women wanted nothing more than to get a mate to breed with.
    Personally I see nothing wrong with light makeup on anybody, but I don't like heavy makeup at all!

0|0
    0|0
  • women are less impressed by superficial assets, therefore men donĀ“t need makeup.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow you think very well

0|0
    0|0
  • yes they are , men are more beatiful , thats why girls try to wear up to look not bad

0|0
    0|0
  • No, women are just more insecure.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think so. i searched celebs without makeup and the difference is just crazy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men are nowhere near a woman's beauty. Men are and have always been uglier and inferior than women in terms of aesthetics. Women are the most beautiful creations

2|0
    0|0
    • dont tell for all men, reflection in your mirror is your problem.

• Show All
    • @youcan guys dress better? LMAO going outside in a cold rainy day in basketball shorts is NOT "dressing better"

• yeah lol thats why guys need to groom more than girls and also guys with cool beard cuts are awesome looking. But look at girls who dont groom their eyebrows, eyelashes. And imagine that many girls have facial hair too so they get it ripped off.

• Men are better overall because we don't wear skin exposing clothes to look good either.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 24

• Just because majority of women wear makeup it doesn't automatically mean they're less attractive. The societal standards for female beauty are higher because of makeup, which is why even the most beautiful girls might feel pressured into using makeup even when they don't really need it. I agree with @CoCoNuts , if we put average people next to each other there will be no difference. Same if we put ugly or handsome people next to each other. There's about an equal amount of people in all categories.

2|0
    0|0
  • You can't really compare male beauty with female beauty since each gender has different characteristics and things that make them attractive. Sure we girls have the advantage of dolling ourselves up to look more beautiful and a lot of girls use that. But I think if we put together the average man and the average woman (with no makeup) they both look just that - average.

1|1
    0|0
  • Society dictates women wear makeup. Women don't need to wear make up to look beautiful but do to look as much in societies eyes.
    I have a friend who has gorgeous skin and rarely wears makeup. Guys go gaga over her. But one night we were at a social function and she wore makeup - suiting for the function - and her eyes popped and her lips and cheeks glowed and every guy in the place wanted her.
    Now when they see her without makeup they wonder what happened to her? It's a shame really becaus women are God's most beautiful creation and we apply so much pancake crap to our faces to hide the true beauty just because they've been doing it forever.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't really make a blanket statement like that since a lot of women are either one or the other.

Some women naturally have pretty faces, others don't. Same goes for men - some are handsome while others a hideous.

There's also a lot of ambiguity based on people's tastes.

0|2
    0|0
  • Hmm...
    www.telegraph.co.uk/.../...ful-say-scientists.html

By the way, nowadays men wear makeup too.

1|0
    0|0
    • lets be real its mostly women who wear it, therefore men in general may be better looking because of that

• i think you need to train your mind to resist the messages of the media. that's so dangerous that they're brainwashing u like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't wear make up but i am quite beautiful and i know it.
    Although i don't like the fact that some people make comparison between the appearance of a man and a woman. I think that biologically woman are not supposed to be more or less pretty than man. It is a result of Patriarchal society in the past that woman are thought to be way better looking than men. That's why women started wearing make-up. They guessed that there was no big difference between their and men's appearance except the fact that usually women are smaller and have body parts related to female.

0|0
    0|0
  • The reason women look less attractive without makeup is because they regularly wear makeup, so they look less attractive without it.
    In some cultures, such as Ancient Egypt, men regularly wore makeup.
    If those men didn't wear makeup for a day, they would've been seen by society as less attractive without it, too.
    It's because you get used to them wearing makeup.

Not to mention there's more to beauty than facial beauty. I'm bisexual and I can tell you that women's bodies, their curves, soft skin, breasts, etc are so, so, so absolutely beautiful. Women are a work of art. Men... not so much.

0|0
    0|0
  • No one has to or doesn't have to wear makeup. People chose to wear or not to wear it.
    it depends on the person, not the entire gender.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men do wear make-up in some societies, for example the Masai. Native American men frequently wore ceremonial make-up. These things are socially and culturally determined, as is, to a great extent, our perceptions of beauty.

0|0
    0|0
    • That assertion assumes that there's some coherent or reliable or independent standard of beauty, which of course there isn't. Your assertion could only be made accurate if you were to recast it as relates to the opinions of specific people, such as yourself.

• Lol no. Makeup has just re-defined norms to allow average to look above average. It was never created out of the female gender being inadequate in the looks department. It's more about seizing the potential to exceed expectations. Unfortunately now, I think it's kinda become an expectation. We are more forgiving of flaws on men. If a woman had the same amount of wrinkles and grays as George Clooney, men wouldn't be gawking at her.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, the main reason so many women wear make-up in the first place is because of societal pressure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Makeup tends to make women more flawless in comparison to men, which means they started off at a relatively similar level before it was applied.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes makeup is for ugly people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well that would be categorising all women since not all women wear makeup

Can't we be happy with both genders look good.

0|0
    0|0
    • lets be real its mostly women who wear it, therefore men in general may be better looking because of that

• Show All
    • now stop avoiding the question

• But they don't wear it everyday. Therefore this not valid. Plus you can't say women and then only pick a group of them. Doesn't work that way.

Fyi I never avoided your question. I answered it with my first comment. Maybe you should go back and read it.

Fyi if women are ugly then I guess that makes you ugly too. Am I right?

• Yes, I believe so. Because wearing make uo isn't too good for the skin, it damages after a while. (Creating pimples etc.)

0|0
    0|0
  • Hate to burst your bubble but men do wear makeup and women are not required to wear makeup.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was thinking about the same thing lately !!! :D

0|0
    0|0
  • There are women in the world who don't wear makeup as well you know...

0|0
    0|0
  • Men do wear makeup. I know plenty of straight men who wear makeup

0|0
    0|0
  • sounds about right

0|0
    0|0
  • ... That doesn't make any sense.

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of women do not wear makeup. Just because someone is a woman does not require her to wear makeup. You also are assuming that makeup makes a woman beautiful when that it not true. Makeup enhances beauty that a woman already has

Makeup does not create beauty out of nowhere

0|0
    0|0