Do you follow the fashion rules?

• I like to know the new trends/I know my body type/I read fashion blogs-books
  • I have a personal style/I make my own rules
  • I don't really care/If it's clean, comfortable and it fits I wear it
  • Other/results

Most Helpful Guy

• I wear what I want also. However, certain "rules," and I prefer "guidelines or suggestions" are helpful. For example; matching your leathers. Brown shoes mean brown belt. Black shoes means black belt. If you think you are never influenced by cultural norms in fashion you are mistaken. I get looks for a few of my fashion quirks like: not wearing shoes very often; I wear either jeans or a sarong; I never wear ties. I was barefoot in a grocery store yesterday (Sunday afternoon) and got a lot of looks and also over heard negative comments. But I've learned to expect it.

• We are all affected by trends, it's surprising very few here admitted it! in a big city it would be weird to walk barefoot, but when I'm in a small city for holidays, I 've gone to the sea barefoot

• Think of how often we don't do or wear what we really want to because of what others might think. We ll have to be ourselves. That's the only way we can be truly happy.

• You have a point! While dressing according to the occasion is alright, it's oppressing to have to dress to please others, instead of yourself.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol ironically I'm one of those people who wear stuff long before it even reaches the mainstream 😝💁🏻

• you do it on purpose or it just happens?

• I too haven't found my style yet. I usually like unusual cuts and combining contrasting things, girly and edgy, casual and elegant, timeless and trendy

• That sounds interesting though, I think you might come up with something very unique in the end :)

What Guys Said 24

• Not really lol I feel that wearing what others tell you to takes away from the character and charisma of your personality. You become "one of them" as opposed to "your own person".

images.sobadsogood.com/.../1.jpg

• i mean i don't wear crocs because I don't have any but I SOOO do not follow any fashion sense. i even cut my own hair.

• I've tried cutting my own hair but it was a disaster.. how you do you do that?

• I suppose I'd look weird with a buzzcut

• that's just my fallback. your fallback could be medium to short hair length until it grows out to long again.

• No, never, I don't care about fashion.

• I make my own rules and I just dress... normally, nothing special.

• I wear what I like

I don't even know how people inform themselves of the current culturally defined clothing norm

• I dont really care about fashion, but then I do have to buy clothes sometimes, so I must be in fashion at some point

• Haha I'm afraid it's not a coincidence that in the poll the majority of guys voted C... me too :o
    No fashion knowledge here :-(

• I don't follow any fashion rules. I look for what looks good on me.

• I make, the fashion rules.. ^.^

• I don't care about about new trends... I like it simple and comfortable

• There are no rules in fashion, just trends.

I definitely follow the ones i think look good, especially timeless styles.

• Yes there are rules lol like for example, never combine green with purple, unless you're doing a Joker cosplay.

• I think they're more "guidelines" which most people can't go wrong following. You must have seen it in London though, some of the "out there" people who smash it (offset by the ones that completely fail lol).

• I've been in London around 8 years ago, I still remember a certain woman's style, just because she looked awesome

• I couldn't care less about this. If it's clean and comfortable, I'm wearing it. I got too many important things to worry about.

• My rule is simple,
    If I remember putting it in the washing mashine this week, I wear it.

• that sounds so easy! you gain time to do other things instead of searching what to wear

• Ya.. Lots of fap time for me..

• Nah, can't be arsed.

• i make my own rules.

• I make my own rules.

• No I don't. I like my old fashioned Indiana Jones 30's style dressing.

• Mostly B, but that "style" is more just wearing things which are comfortable.

• I don't I like wearing shorter than usual shorts!

• doesn't matter if u never go outside.

• Fashion is dumb as fuck and serves no useful purpose. Just ditch it completely.

• Only for job interviews, then I have look them up.

• I wear what I like first, then comfort is second, and then how does my girlfriend like it.
    I wear swim briefs on the beach, thong underwear, doesn't matter to me.

• No I have my own style. Why should I try to look like others?

It's boring and very faceless. Like wearing those stupid big square glasses, carrying an iPhone and carrying always a backpack. Both genders carry a backpack lately, but I dunno why. Perhaps another stupid fashion trend.

Also I must add I hate beards like hell. I've never been unshaved for more than 2 days, and I refuse to do, even if beards are more attractive for girls (as they claim).

• backpacks are trendy right now, but they are also very practical. I hate beards too

• I never carried one actually after school. I feel ashamed carrying one.

What Girls Said 18

• I lik to see trending items. If i like them, i incorporate them into my style already. If not, i will never wear it.

E. g: studded shoes. Those were/are HUGE lately and i think they look tacky af

• A mixture of A and B. See what the "trends" are then alter them with your own twist to make it unique and personal

• I do follow some trends but I usually add my own personality into them. So basically I take their rules and modify then to make my own rules 😊.

• that's a good technique! it took me years to realize there's a middle ground

• I know my body type, but I don't dress how magazines and the internet says I should dress for it. 😛

• it would be boring!

• Exactly, and I'm not going to wear jeans from the 70's because "that's what flatters my figure". >.>

• oh, you're talking about bootcut jeans and flares, right? They can look cool , though I don't see why someone bottom heavy has to wear those. I mean what if you want to accentuate your body shape instead? Kim Kardashian looks awesome in skinny jeans

• I don't follow fashion rules.

• I have my own fashion rules. I dont wear crocs, uggs, skinny jeans, leggings, jeggings, fringe...
    I rock my own look.

• To a certain extent. However, I'm more likely to wear things that work better for my body type than current trends. For example, I don't wear crop tops because I have an ample bosom that makes them look vulgar. I'm also not a huge fan of high waisted pants or shorts, again because of the ample bosom. I look like boobs on legs when that happens.

• personal style, if i like a trend then i take bits from that but its all tied into my own style

• As a fashion lover, yeah try to follow the rules but my style comes first. If I find something beautiful I buy it/wear it despite if it was for example on trend 7 years ago.

• Absolutely not. I have no idea what's in style and what's not. I like to wear plain and functional clothing that looks decent. I won't wear just anything that fits, I have standards. My standards just differ from what is fashionable.

• I wear what I like. I don't really follow any trends.

• No, who has time for that

• Nope.

• I am all about comfort

• I make my own rules up

• I wear white after Labor Day and sometimes I dress like a man

• Sometimes A, but when i don't have money for buy clothes, i'm B or C

• I read and watch a lot of fashion stuff. Like the majority of people in my country. I don't really follow trend trend though but I'm always fashion.
    Even the popular guy in my school like my style