Define this body type?

I was curious to know how one would define this body type. Its not an hourglass, its not overweight but its not skinny either.

How would you define this body type though?

link

link

I don't exactly have the time to work out. I go to school twice a week, all day. I have a lifeguard training class once a week, and I try to swim 20 laps twice a week. When I'm not at school studying is my priority

"Girl, just work those abs! =D =D =D Rigorously! =] "

gee, my body is that bad?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the most unflattering thing is the bottoms you're wearing. Because your hips look so narrow - hipster bottoms do nothing for you.

Besides that I think you have a beautiful body - soft enough to be feminine, not chubby at all.

This is what happens when you get the opinion of people with different physical ideals, contradicting results.

If you are happy with what you have, then others judging you will cease to matter. I think you look great - you should too.

Good luck.

• I was at a point where I know I judge my body harshly-VERY harshly. I wanted to prove to myself that others don't judge me as harshly as I do, but I kind of just proved myself right. I don't think my body is beautiful, in a way I'm kind of ashamed of it. I don't think its cute or pretty or feminine. I look like a man with t*ts.

• I completely disagree - I've seen men with t*ts and you are far from it.

• Best answer IMO.

What Guys Said 28

• That outfit is absolutely unflattering for your body type.

I've seen girls and guys of all shapes and sizes, but what makes them each unique (and for the ladies... what makes them "appealing") is how they work with what they have. Not sexually, but mentally and socially.

And the other thing, it doesn't look like your "fat" per se'... It looks more like you are a short girl, and that you have a bunch of "loose skin" around your figure. It's not fat... Fat, to me, is a beer belly with chunky overhangs, etc... It looks to me like if you took a regular toning routine and implemented it in your life, that you would see rediculous results in a matter of a few months...

~ ArtistBBoy

• Your body is not bad! So what if you're not a perfect identical twin of some girl who posed for a magazine. You still look amazing and I personally wouldn't let it affect my choice in whether or not I wanted to get to know you better. Ignore what these other guys say and learn to be happy with who you are because you really do look great.

• First thing I noticed about you was your face, and I'd have to say I'd definitely walk past with a big goofy smile on my face, because you're very pretty. This is the way I put it, you will always have your face, and eyes and personality, but how long can people have a perfect body? You can work, but no one is that attractive after around 40 anyways.

P.s I think I it shows a lot of confidence with the smile

• That was a sweet answer. Made me smile :)

• Out of shape

• omg a think you need a bit of a brake been readin everyones comments am startin to feel it for you a don't feel to good about ma weight and a would feel worse if people said that to me ... your bodys fine my brothers girlfriend has the same shape as you and no matter how skinny she gets she can't get curvy its normal she's about same height as you its diff for taller people like me yur luky to have a a body like that loads of people would die for a body like that you look toned xx so cheer up you look fine onest xx

• UHm I think your past the thick level. So a lot closer to plump.

• Woah then, what is your definition of thick? or plump? I wear a size 4 jean, and a medium top. 36-31-38. I always thought thick meant plus size or that plump meant plus size.

• You are NOWHERE near plump girl. Not your not even "thick", I think your about average. This dude = clueless

• Its my opinion. So move on.

• You. Look. Fine. Yes, you could be a bit more toned, but couldn't we all. You look like you have very nice proportions, they just need to be tightened up a bit. You fill out the bra quite nicely.

• You look fine but I would watch my diet a little more closely & try to tone up my abs.

Next thing you know you (as many of us) will have a serious weight problem as you get older & become less active, sitting at a desk & just age slows down your metabolism.

• I am active though. I eat less than 1200 calories most of the time, my job is retail so I'm always moving around, and I run when I can.

So maybe to push it a little more I should fast for a bit? Eat an even smaller amount of food to shock my system?

• Not eating is not going to help. A healthy diet and a steady workout is key. Not eating can be negative for your body. 95% of your weight loss will come from water, believe it or not. Putting your body into "starvation mode" is not good for your health =\

• No your body is not bad. You asked & I just thought that that trying to tone up a bit would be a +

LEWnB is giving you some great advice. We both said not to eat less but try watching what you eat a little more LEWnB is also correct stating "Putting your body into "starvation mode" is not good for your health " It may cause you to retain fat thinking it's starving.

How long will it take to work your abs?

You've got to want it to get it.

You go girl!

• its a normal body, no its not perfectly defined like a model's but its not like its fat, if that girl asked me if she was fat I would tell her she had nothing to worry about

• you don't need a whole day to work out. best thing if you want to lose that fat is fast high intensity workouts. if you do an extremely hard workout for 5 mins at different times of the day, whenever its convenient thatl work. like say your watching tv and commercials come on. start a work out, pushups or leg lifts. then your show comes on stop. later when you're waiting for something in the oven. do another high intensity workout.

Summary: fit in hard workouts, no matter how short. (even if its for a minute). whenever you can,...calories will be burned

• If you're concerned, jump on a bady fat percentage scale: it measures your weight and how much your body contains fat. I think a healthy female is something like 30%. And personally, I'd tap that, so don't worry, not too many people here could swim 40 laps per week. Hope that made sense. :$.

• you swim 20 laps a week,yeah that's good but if you want to loose your weight,You must set your nutritional intake, because if you only swim but do not keep your nutritional intake will not affect much for your body,trust me iam learn about fitness and healthy lifesytle,jadi cobalah buka bodybuilding.com

• As I said before, I really don't even eat that much at all. I eat less than 1200 calories a day.

• Then perhaps you are not eating enough and your body's metabolism is slowing itself to conserve those calories. Also, you may want to see a nutritionist - Typically if you exercise like you say and eat less than 1200 calories a day you will lose a bit of weight each week. If you are not then you possibly could have some medical issues standing in your way.

• I give you some advice,here try to eat 5-7 time for a day but eat healthy diet food,because eating habbit like that makes your metabolism high,try some fatburner but if you consume fatburner try to drink water alot,and just 4 info,situp/crunch or any kind of abs workout,didnt make you losing your fat,situp makes you have a thicker muscle abs,so you will have shape aat your abs,if you want to loose your fat do some cardio

• i think its kinda cute, that's what I'd call it LOL that was cheesey, but I would say you just have a little tummy, nothing to be ashamed about

• ...american.

• What do you mean by american? average? fat? obese?

• I still don't know how the term "american" pertains to by body shape though, or what it really means.

• So why say it? =|

• THTS OVERWEIGHT I'd recommend but try to eat healthy foods(not just low calorie but low fat,low carbs and high protein)

• id tap that you are a very pretty girl who needs to show what she got no matter what girls say "omg she's fat" it doesn't matter what they think but how you think strunt what you got

• I'd say borderline plump.

• I don't like...where the hips are supposed to be there's a bulge...work it off girl..you're getting fat in all the wrong places...

• You are aware of the fact that there are more body shapes than "hourglass"? Meaning some women are acutally built to look different, and couldn't get the hourglass figure even if they tried simply because of bone structure and muscle placement.

• Yeah, I have a naturally broad body structure- I'm built super swedish. I have a longer and broader ribcage so that the area where a waistline would need to nip in is either solid muscle or bone, and the space between wehre my ribcage ends and my hips begin is ridiculously small, so that if I were to nip in too much I would look cartoonish. Imagine as a 5'1 girl being 36-24-36. and having broad shoulders. I would look ridiculous.

• I see what you're saying. You know, we ALL have physical weaknesses (I have skinny legs below kneecap). For you it's the hip area primarily...otherwise, you are just fine...

• rectangle? Nice t*ts though, but where are the curves!?! I think some toning is in order

• Because of the way my body is proportioned and the way I'm built, I really can't nip in at the waist. Like, there really isn't a ton of areas to lose weight from. I can't really pinch a ton of fat off of me.

• i call it "APSARA". you want the meaning of it? Google it !

• You're the only one right now who likes my body. :(

• I would say your a normal girl. Nothing needs to be done just be yourself... I'm never attracted to the perfect face skinny waist type.

• I'd say you've got flesh: not too much, not too little; healthy

• Sexy. Add me as your friend please

• I would say busty,sexy...

• I think you almost perfect, I hate toothpicks but also dislike chubbies. All you need it to lose about 10 pounds and you be set to go on my marry go on round'

• It looks like your naturally good looking, nice face, your bones look naturally thin. But your stomach area is a bit big tbh. Imagine how hot you could look if you spent some time working out?

• yea, a tad overweight

• You seriously think she's overweight? I definitely wouldn't call that overweight. You must just think that girls need to be a rail otherwise you think they are overweight.

• Just so you know that picture is of Gisele Bundchen, and it's been photoshopped by an artist who was doing some extreme skinny "if they were annorexic" thing. It's not real. And it's not attractive.

• Psh, yall just don't know what attractive is.

• Someone needs to stop being lazy and flattten that stomach. Why are those hips smaller than the waist? I don't think I've ever seen a body like that.

• So to you my body is ugly?

• Im 34-28-35, Man I need to get some muscle on.

• I actually just measured myself the other day lol....34-26-38. Girl, just work those abs!!!! =D =D =D Rigorously! =]

What Girls Said 29

• Personally, I think you look great. We have roughly the same body type in that we're proportioned wider in the ribs and shoulders, with less waist definition than most, and narrower hips, more rectangular. Our type makes it really hard to have a defined waist because our ribcages are wider and somewhat longer than most. So the area between the bottom of the ribs and top of the hips isn't long enough to allow much compression in that area. I feel like I have a pretty long torso and pretty average length legs, but the way my bones are set up make it difficult to feel anything but kind of top-heavy, even though my breasts aren't all that large. You're more toned than I am though and I think you look good. I'd love to get to where you're at. =] You say your measurements are 36-31-38... I'm about 38-32/33-40, haha, so pretty damn similar, except that I'm 5'6" and weigh quite a bit more than you do.

• Sooooo good to know that someone knows what I'm going through with this. It gets difficult.

• It does get difficult, especially when you want clothes to look a certain way on you, but they don't because your body just isn't SHAPED the right way for it. It's really frustrating, haha.

• You seem more like an apple to me. It does concern me that your caloric intake is as low as it is and your activity level is what it is and yet you still don't lose weight? Try going to your school's infirmary to get a physical done - at the very least they should know how to take fat measurements and what not so you can have a more accurate gauge on your body (also if you have any Physical Exercise Sciences at your school - the students there almost always need test subjects for their senior classes - they usually make exercise prescriptions and practice taking body measurements etc. - they may be able to give you some free/helpful information).

Time can be made. Trust me - I totally understand having a busy schedule. My life was not more chaotic than when I entered nursing school and continued working on my minor, honors distinction, and leadership concentration. My idea of a light schedule for school was having 15 units of courses, which was considered a full load for most. Beyond this, the amount of studying required for nursing was... phenomenal. I can't even properly explain it. Beyond classes and studying and homework we also had two full days we gave to hospitals to work on our clinical skills. I also did volunteer work and helped out students who were younger than I and in need of a bit of direction and tutoring. Walk to your classes, do not drive. Choose the farthest parking spots. During commercial breaks when you are watching television, take that time to do a few squats or crunches or run in place. Try taking up something just for fun (I took up hula hooping - it's fantastic in just about every way imaginable). Find a work out buddy to hold you accountable or to have fun with (throw a frisbee around). Take your books with you to the gym (I did this too many times to count). The hours go by and you get quite a bit of studying in. There were times I would spend three hours on a bike and not even realize it. Wake up early and get a 20 minute run in before you start your day. You can also do stair steppers and elliptical machines pretty easily with a text book.

Also - the amount of calories should not be as important as the content of those calories. If the majority of those calories are from fat, then not only are you not meeting your nutritional needs (ie - slowing your metabolism) but you are also adding unnecessary cushion to your body. Go onto fitday.com and make an account. Log in all of the things you eat and it will give you a breakdown of where your calories are coming from.

Good luck girl :3 Beauty is much much more than our appearances. Keep studying hard and improving yourself. And be healthy, regardless of what your body looks like in the process.

• I may want to go to the doc and have then look at my thyroid. I'm pretty good about not eating fatty foods and such. I've had to watch my calorie intake before and know which foods are high in fat and what foods to avoid. I stay away from candy and ice cream and butter. I eat a lot of veggies and whole grains and fruit. I eat meat but not a ton of it. I'm good with portion control

If I do go to exercuse I have to do it the free way, I make like, no money, lol, so I can't afford a gym membership

• Yeah my school is a junior college so a schools gym isn't an option. Do I have them measure my body fat percentage> or what do I do? Like, I know what foods to eat so I don't need a nutritionist but I don't even know how to approach the subject.

• Well - First of all - it will be good to have them run a full physical on you (we all should get annual physicals any way). Beyond that just sit down and talk to them about some of the concerns you have about your body. Tell them about your caloric intake and your activity levels - they probably will already place you on the BMI scale - they may run some other tests to see if you have a slower metabolism or a thyroid problem. I'd recommend going to your usual physician if you have one.

• You're getting some not-so-nice comments...

I agree with Simple-Simonette about the hipsters not suiting you, which does make a difference. I think they make your stomach look bigger than it actually is just because of how low they are. They're also smaller, which makes everything else look larger in comparison.

You do work out, and you actually probably aren't taking in enough calories, so I don't agree with the people who are saying you need to work out and watch how much you're eating. People think that if you exercise on a regular basis, you're going to be thin, but that involves toning too. A person can have a bit of weight despite working out regularly, and they're still healthy. People are just really quick to judge.

• I think this is called a "rectangle" - when your hips, waist, and shoulders are all roughly the same width. I wasn't aware this was a body shape until just recently, but hey, here you go.

link

• Underweight = >> I am not saying you are fat, just addressing what you are saying is your concern / problem is, in a logical way, not just opinion & physical preference based...

- So you have something concrete to fall back on - a reference point beyond fashion. :-)

-Cause EVERYONE will have a different opinion, but when no one is around to ASK if you are ok or not, it is YOU who will have to answer ^ ^

* If you had less fat on your mid section your hips would not look so narrow.. I know you say that it is your body structure but no one has a body structure that as extra fat, they have body structures that have a particular SHAPE, bones are not soft & curvy..

-I am saying that you may find you gave a totally different waistline waiting for you, if you were able t loose some weight around your middle.

-You are not skinny, so loosing would not harm you & as long as you are HEALTHY.. I saying your underneath shape, might surprise you.

-If it does not bother than don't worry about it, I am just saying that there is no such thing with some one having fat as a structure.. We are bone underneath so add fat to an area it can make ANY other area look smaller..

-Sometimes when woman are over their ideal weight, they gain it in the middle it it is called APPLE shape, rather than pear.

-YOU may discover a waist after all

btw You are really pretty, & you look happy, so make sure you care about the right thing. :-)

• Cun7n1nja said it best about my structure. Our actual bones & ribcages are longer than someone with say, an hourglass shape. So the area in between my hips & ribcage is significantly smaller & doesn't allow to really nip in for a small waist.

Not that in invalidating anything you just said. But my waistline will never be dramatically different even if I do lose weight from my stomach & some from my lovehandles.

I have a calorie counter up though, so that I eat 1200 cals a day. I plan to eat less

• I did not mean that yo are fat as I said .. Having fat & BEING fat e VERY different :-)

Um 1200 hundred is the lowest you are supposed to go unless you are on a planned past &have the time & energy to dedicate it.

Have you been loosing weight & are you at a plateau - you should not gain weight on that amount - have you seen a doctor about your metabolism?

How much do you weigh btw?

I studied nutritio when I was younger, if you want to message me,I could help you brain storm.

Sorry about mis

• Misunderstanding about your rib cage - I feel like a jerk !

Anyways good luck !

• i think it shows a lot of confidence to put yourself out there like that and take the answers and comments the way you have. you're beautiful and you're body may not be to everyones taste but even if you worked out to have a hard body, it still wouldn't please everyone ( I think most women look best a little soft and curvy, don't you?). if you think you'll feel better about your body, then find some time to work on it but don't do it to please others. I also agree the outfit is not flattering.

• Your body type is YOU, and that's a great thing! =) You look wonderful but the panties aren't too flattering. Cute lace cheekies would look great on your figure. Your body is great, definitely don't judge it too harshly. If we were suppose to look like everyone else then we would... but what fun would that be? =)

• Your body shape would be called an "H" body shape. This is because you don;t have much of a waistline. If you want more of a waistline, try accentuating it by wearing belts around your waist, and maybe some fuller skirts and shirts that are fuller at the top so that you look smaller in the middle, and get some curves. Structured jackets are also good. DO NOT WEAR MEN'S CLOTHING. It will make you look like a rectangle.

• I usually just wear skinny jeans and a tee shirt. If I wear jackets they have a waist sewn into them. I choose to wear high waisted skirts and tuck the shirt it so It looks likei have a waist. I can't wear dresses because it just shows off how fat my stomach is.

• Then don't use a generalization such as "they're". I took it as everyone. So, I commented back.

• I wasn't reading what everyone else said. I took "everyone" as people that aren't just on this site.

• I would say you have the body of a dude. You have no curves where you should. Working out isn't really going to help much. You're not fat you just lack the curves of a woman.

• I do have huge boobs though, like, 36 C boobs. and a bigger ass. So I got some curves of a woman....

• average it would be really easy for you to tone up

• I don't think there is anything wrong with your body however I do think there is something wrong with that outfit you are wearing. Those bottoms do nothing for you. I bet if you posted another picture in different bottoms you would get totally different reactions. You should wear bottoms that are sort of V shaped they will make you look like you have a smaller waist. I am like you were I do not have a tiny waist no matter how hard I workout or how much weight I loose I will never have a teeny tiny waist. So I make sure I wear things that flatter the figure I do have. And by the way you are not overweight. Most of the men on this board claim they like soft curves and that is what you have so be proud and accentuate your positive.

• Haha, not what I meant at all =] Just some helpful tips if you want to cut it back. Sorry, wasn't trying to be rude! =\

• Yeah, like, I knew it was bad, but I had no idea it was THIS bad. like, people look at me and think "out of shape"

• You asked =\ Sorry...

• ur gorgeous hun! dnt listen to anybody who's hating. they're bodies aren't perfect so they have no reason to judge. everyone has flaws. but I applaude you for struttin your stuff online. I have a similar body type but id nvr b as brave as you to do what you did! <3

• I think you're beautiful!

• You aren't overweight because you don't have fat all over the body. You just have a concentration of fat on your stomach.

And you are eating too little. Try to eat a bit more and eat lots of veggies and fruits.

• Pear, Apple, Rectangle, Hour glass, tooth pick. It shouldn't matter. By asking this question your setting yourself up to be hurt. You're cute and if you have a personality to go with it then you'll be fine.

• You are on the regular side definitly could have a flatter stomach just do some crunches and you would be better

• I would define it as straight.

• id say your average...thats a body type and that's what I see you as...your the girl that can pull off a tight shirt or a tight dress and it be ok

• ARE YOU A MIDGET!?@!?

• Im on my knees. I'm 5'1 though

• You're teeny! Lol I'm 6 inches taller then you =D

• People need to STFU. Like honeslty wtfffff. your body is not bad at alllll. all these people hating prob don't have amazing bodies. everyone is differentttt and beautiful. honestly ur bodys fine.. ughhhhhhh some people are just so rude.. ur not fat or chubby dang ima whip these people

• You rock you know that? :)

• Awww lol thnx. but seriously I don't think you shud listen to some of thes epeople.

• fat

• i would say chubby...muffinntop..w.e people call it these days...

but I have the same thing! I think its cutee! even though everyone calls me fat for it :/ having my tummy as big as my boob :| but I don't mind.. people do! if you continue those training I'm sure youd lose that belly :D then id be all alone lol :p

your fine the way your are!

• I don't think your body is bad at all. People are just way too focused on being 100% fit and looking like anorexic supermodels which IMO look disgusting. As long as you're healthy it shouldn't really matter.

• Listen...this is the perfect reason not to put a pix of any BODY on the internet and ask for advice or an opinion. If you are healthy, and well...for example: I wrote this in a cover letter for a position as a Wellness Director...Wellness represents a higher degree of "health" than merely the absence of illness. It is the process of making proactive choices and engaging in behaviors which allow an individual to achieve a balance in her or his life regarding physical, emotional, social, occupational, intellectual and spiritual needs. OK, I didn't get that job, but my knowledge and experience still apply. I made the "asymmetrical" remark because that is what I observed in the pix. It was not anything more than an observation concerning physique. Please remember the meaning of that word is "not identical on both sides of a central line" not a comment for grading a person's value. Please people...don't take pix like this...it is exhibitionism.

• The reason I did it was because I know that everywhere I go people are looking at me and judging. I know that in a room full of guys they are all looking at me and judging my body to see if I'm worth apporaching. If I'm gross looking then I obviously need to change that or Ill be alone the rest of my life.

• To update: It only takes ONE HOUR out of a 24 hour day. That's just laziness. If it bothers you that much put in just an hour worth of effort and you will see a difference.

• Im up mondays and wedensdays at 6:30 in the morning for school, and on mondays I'm there until 5:30, wednesdays until 8:30. I swim 20 laps on tuesday and thursdays if I can. Or I at least jog. I work thursday through sunday. I have to find time in between to study so I can get into a nursing program. Try finding the energy to have a meaningful workout with that,

• Yea I graduated from nursing school 5 years ago and still made time to take care of myself all through it. Continue to make excuses and you will never get to your goal.

• asymmetrical

• it's kinda fat imo

• What if I told you that the first pic isn't the best of pics of my profile. The second pic is more what my stomach looks like. Not super flat, but a little smaller that the first pic.

• The second pic is definitely more attractive. other than your stomach, your body is fine

• link

Your a Banana!